Online Enquiries on Rates and Government Rent Balance

Account Enquiry

There are two types of account enquiry you can make:

A. Enquiry of balance of a specific rates and/or Government rent account (Free Service)

To facilitate your payment of the outstanding rates and/or Government rent, you may check the balance of a specific account:

1.    by using the Account Enquiry service ; or

2.    by calling RVD's 24-hour Automated Telephone Enquiry Service 2152 2152.

These two free services are only available to rates and/or Government rent payers who can provide the 15-digit Account Number printed on the top left-hand corner of the rates and/or Government rent demand.

Please note that the outstanding balance reflected in this enquiry may NOT include all the outstanding balances pertaining to the property.  Moreover, the quarterly payable amount is shown for reference only. Any rates concession for the property is not reflected.

B. Comprehensive check on the property's overall rates and Government rent balance (Chargeable Service)

You are strongly advised to perform the comprehensive check on the property's overall outstanding rates and Government rent before buying a property because there may be different rates and/or Government rent accounts pertaining to the same property at various periods of time.

You can obtain information on the overall rates and Government rent account balance at a charge of $20 for each property record via the "Enquiry on Rates and/or Government Rent Account" service on the Property Information Online or complete Form RVD1009 "Rates and/or Government Rent Account Enquiry Form"  with which a fee of $81 will be charged for each property record.  For the latter method, please return the form together with a cheque for the service charge to Rating and Valuation Department (RVD) by post or in person at 15/F Cheung Sha Wan Government Offices, 303 Cheung Sha Wan Road, Kowloon.  A reply will normally be issued within 10 days.

This enquiry service only provides information on outstanding rates and Government rent relating to a property [Sample of enquiry result (JPG)]. For enquiries on other account information, please contact us on 2152 0111 or email to [email protected].

Please note that if the Government rent, including that accrued before change of ownership, is not paid, the Government is entitled to take back the property under the Government Rights (Re-entry and Vesting Remedies) Ordinance (Cap. 126).  You will incur extra costs to get the property back.

Found this page helpful?
Found this page helpful?
Your feedback is highly appreciated.(optional)
Notice: This form is NOT intended for handling enquiries or complaints. For assistance, please contact the 24-hour Helpdesk at (852) 183 5500 or email to [email protected].
Thank you. Your input will only be  used to improve GovHK.
Last review date: March 2021