Taxes & Duties

Taxes & Duties

Motor Vehicle First Registration Tax

Fluid Grids

Import Return and Declaration for a Vehicle Imported for Personal Use by a Private Individual

Import Return and Declaration should be filed to the Customs and Excise Department within 30 days of the importation of a motor vehicle imported by a private individual for own use. Find out the application process here. 

Vehicle First Registration and Taxation

On the first registration of a motor vehicle, a first registration tax is charged. Licensing of vehicles takes place after registration. Find out the details and download related application forms from this webpage.

Found this page helpful?
Found this page helpful?
Your feedback is highly appreciated. (Optional)
Notice: This form is NOT intended for handling enquiries or complaints. For assistance, please contact the 24-hour Helpdesk at (852) 183 5500 or email to
Thank you. Your input will only be used to improve GovHK.
Last review date: December 2023
Health & Medical Services Close Button Health & Medical Services