Education & Training

Education & Training

Continuing Education, Vocational Training & Elderly Learning

Fluid Grids

Academic & Vocational Training

Vocational Training Council (VTC)

The VTC provides a full range of pre-employment and in-service programmes with internationally recognised qualifications through its member institutions. Check out the VTC's website for more information.

Diploma of Applied Education

Diploma of Applied Education Programme provides an alternative pathway for secondary 6 school leavers as well as adult learners to obtain a formal qualification for the purposes of employment and further study. 

Construction Industry Council

The Construction Industry Council provides training courses and conducts various trade tests for the industry. Visit this website for details.

Reimbursable Courses under the Continuing Education Fund (CEF)

This webpage provides information on reimbursable courses under CEF. You can download the course list here.

Financial Assistance Scheme for Designated Evening Adult Education Courses

The Scheme is provided for adult learners attending evening secondary courses (Secondary 1 to 7) offered by the Approved Course Provider in the designated centres. Check out more information here.

Search for Private Schools Offering Non-formal Curriculum (PSNFCs)

This webpage allows you to search for PSNFCs and their relevant information.

Search for Private Schools Offering Non-formal Curriculum (PSNFCs)

Records of Contraventions of the Education Ordinance and Convictions in respect of Schools

Check out the records of contraventions of the Education Ordinance and convictions in respect of schools here.

Non-local Higher & Professional Education Courses

Courses conducted in Hong Kong and leading to the award of non-local higher academic or professional qualifications are regulated by law. Find the full lists of registered and exempted courses and other information here.

Points to Note for Further Studies

Continuing or returning to education can be a difficult decision to make. Here are some advice and tips to help you think it through.

Non-local Further Studies

Learn about the government information and services related to studying outside Hong Kong.

Elderly Learning

Elder Academies

The Elder Academy Scheme, jointly launched by the Labour and Welfare Bureau and the Elderly Commission, encourages elders to continue learning and promotes intergenerational harmony so as to maintain their physical and mental well-being. Check out the locations of the elder academies, courses provided and application procedures here.

Radio Programme for Elderly Learning (Available in Chinese Only)

This webpage provides online interest classes for elders, which cover topics like music, health, Putonghua and more. You can also download the learning materials here.

Empowerment for Women and Their Families

Capacity Building Mileage Programme (CBMP)

The CBMP encourages lifelong learning, and offers a wide range of tailor-made and barrier-free courses conducted through face-to-face classroom teaching, radio broadcast, e-learning and video learning.

Financial Assistance for Continuing Education

Continuing Education Fund

Find out who is eligible for the Continuing Education Fund, how to apply and what courses are reimbursable.

Extended Non-Means-Tested Loan Scheme

For students pursuing specific post-secondary / continuing and professional education courses provided in Hong Kong.

Financial Assistance for Diploma of Applied Education Students

Tuition fee reimbursement and non-means-tested loan are available for students enrolled on the Diploma of Applied Education programme. Eligible full-time Diploma of Applied Education students may also apply for student travel subsidy and subsidy for internet access charges.

Financial Assistance for Students of Designated Evening Adult Education Courses (FAEAEC)

Students of the FAEAEC will be eligible for partial or full reimbursement of the tuition fees paid subject to their meeting the prescribed criteria. They can also apply for non-means-tested loan. Visit this website for details.

Found this page helpful?
Found this page helpful?
Your feedback is highly appreciated. (Optional)
Notice: This form is NOT intended for handling enquiries or complaints. For assistance, please contact the 24-hour Helpdesk at (852) 183 5500 or email to
Thank you. Your input will only be used to improve GovHK.
Last revision date: August 2023
Health & Medical Services Close Button Health & Medical Services