Non-local Further Studies

Students intending to further their studies in Mainland China/places outside Hong Kong, there are a few things you need to consider before making your decision. This article provides you with the government information and services relevant to studying outside Hong Kong, and leads you to the relevant websites for further information.

General Information


Students intending to further their studies in Mainland China/places outside Hong Kong, please search prior to making decisions. For further information, please contact the designated institutions and consulting organisations.

Information on non-local further studies from the Education Bureau

Events and Expos about Studying outside Hong Kong

Events and Expos about Studying outside Hong Kong

There are also regular events in Hong Kong organised by non-local organisations and institutions where you can find out more about studying outside Hong Kong. An example of such major events is the Education and Careers Expo organised by the Hong Kong Trade Development Council.

More on the Education and Careers Expo

Points to note when applying for a study programme outside Hong Kong

  • To conduct information search prior to making decisions on further education outside Hong Kong;
  • To be cautious when making applications, especially if the proceedings involve depositing a large down-payment as registration or tuition fees;
  • To consult respective Consulates or Commissions of the countries concerned and non-profit-making organisations, with regard to the standing of the institutions in which you wish to study before making application for admission;
  • To find out whether you will be at liberty to move to another institution in the same country should you so wish, and in what circumstances any fees paid would be refundable; and
  • To note that the only organisations authorised to provide immigration facilities for entry to countries outside Hong Kong are the respective immigration services or Consulates in Hong Kong.
A list of consulates, commissions/consulting organisations

International & Professional Exams & Assessments

The Hong Kong Examinations and Assessment Authority (HKEAA) administers more than 200 examinations in collaboration with over 120 examination boards, colleges, universities, professional bodies and government departments over the world.

International & Professional Exams & Assessments conducted by HKEAA

You will usually be required to provide proof of your local public examination results. HKEAA offers past candidates the service of certification of examination results of some local public examinations. This service includes the issuance of documents such as statements of results, certification of results and certification for entering or participation in examinations.

Certification of public examination results


You can find various scholarship schemes offered by local and non-local organisations below.

Information about various scholarship schemesScholarship schemes administered by SFO
Found this page helpful?
Found this page helpful?
Your feedback is highly appreciated. (Optional)
Notice: This form is NOT intended for handling enquiries or complaints. For assistance, please contact the 24-hour Helpdesk at (852) 183 5500 or email to
Thank you. Your input will only be used to improve GovHK.
Last revision date: April 2022
Government, Law & Order Survey Close Button Government, Law & Order Survey