Online Request for Appointment on Application for "Letter of Authorization for Opening / Maintaining Savings Account of a Bankrupt"

Upon the making of the Bankruptcy Order and throughout the bankruptcy period, an undischarged bankrupt may, with the permission of the provisional trustee / trustee, open / maintain a savings account for the purpose of receiving his/her income.

For cases in which the Official Receiver acts as the provisional trustee / trustee, the undischarged bankrupt can use this online service to make a request for an appointment to apply for a letter of authorization for opening / maintaining a savings account ("the Authorization Letter") and preliminarily submit the information of his/her income and the account that he/she wishes to maintain (if applicable).

When submitting the request, the bankrupt should provide his/her name, bankruptcy case number and case year, Hong Kong Identity Card number or Passport number (for non-HK Identity Card holder), contact phone number, email address, details of his/her income and details of the account that he/she wishes to open / maintain. The Official Receiver's Office will contact the bankrupt by phone or email for arrangement of submission of the supporting documents.

Staff of the Official Receiver's Office would contact the applicant by phone or email as provided. Once the application is approved, "the Authorization Letter" can be collected from the Official Receiver's Office in person or by post. The bankrupt should produce "the Authorization Letter" to the bank for handling of his/her application for opening / maintaining a savings account, which is subject to ultimate approval of the bank.

Request for Appointment to Apply for "Letter of Authorization for Opening / Maintaining Savings Account”

Application Fee

This online service is free of charge.

Enquiry and Assistance

If you need assistance in using this online service, you can call the Enquiry Hotline at 2867 2448 during office hours from 8:30 a.m. to 5:45 p.m. (Monday – Friday, except public holidays). If you call during non-office hours, you will hear a recorded message asking you to leave a message with your name and telephone number. The office will get back to you as soon as possible.

Enquiries can also be made by fax to 3105 1814 or by email to [email protected].

Found this page helpful?
Found this page helpful?
Your feedback is highly appreciated. (Optional)
Notice: This form is NOT intended for handling enquiries or complaints. For assistance, please contact the 24-hour Helpdesk at (852) 183 5500 or email to [email protected].
Thank you. Your input will only be used to improve GovHK.
Last revision date: January 2021