Online Application for Entry Visa for New Foreign Domestic Helper

After you have read the following instructions and have your application documents ready, you can access the online service by clicking the following link. This is not an extension of stay application. If you are staying in Hong Kong, you are subject to the conditions of stay (including the limit of stay) that have imposed on you.

Online Application for Entry Visa

Application tips

Before using this online application service, please save the supporting documents required as files in JPEG, PDF, GIF, PNG or TIF format for a faster application process.

Who Can Use This Service

You can use this online service if you wish to apply for an entry visa to work in Hong Kong as a newly hired foreign domestic helper.

However, you are not eligible to use the service if:


you are physically present in Hong Kong at the time of collection of visa label;


your travel document will expire in 3 months;


you have been notified that your next visa / extension of stay application will be subject to review.


A Helper must be in possession of a proper visa before he/she travels to the HKSAR. The issuance of a visa to individual Helper is subject to the normal immigration requirements being met (such as holding a valid travel document with adequate returnability to his/her country of residence or citizenship; be of clear criminal record and raises no security or criminal concerns to the HKSAR, has no likelihood of becoming a burden on the HKSAR; etc). Employers who satisfy the above criteria should not assume that their Helper's visa application would be approved automatically.

Helpers are not admitted to Hong Kong for settlement. They are not eligible to bring their dependants to Hong Kong for residence.

Documents to be Submitted Online

Documents Maximum no. of files for upload Download Form
  • Form ID407 - Employment Contract for a Domestic Helper Recruited from Outside Hong Kong (New)
  • Copy of the helper's travel document including the pages showing his/her personal particulars, photo, passport validity, latest visa label and the latest landing endorsement/landing slip, and/or latest “e-Visa” (if applicable)
  • Copy of the Helper's Hong Kong Identity Card (if any)
  • Copy of the employer's Hong Kong Permanent Identity Card/Hong Kong Identity Card/passport
  • Proof of the employer's financial position (Copy)
  • Proof of the employer's residential address (Copy)
  • Testimonial of the Helper
  • Other supporting documents
  • Form ID934A - Application for Special Permission for Performance of Motor Driving Duties by Foreign Domestic Helpers (first 2 pages only)
2 Download Form
  • Vehicle registration document (if the applicant is required to perform motor driving duties)
  • Motor vehicle license (if the applicant is required to perform motor driving duties)
  • Driving license of applicant (if the applicant is required to perform motor driving duties)

File Formats

Before uploading the required documents, you will need to scan them in one of the following formats:

File size: 5Mbytes or below for each file
Colour depth:  Grayscale (for documents without photos)
                         Colour (for documents with photos)

Please ensure that the information you provided is correct. Incorrect information may render your submission invalid.

Supplementary Document Submission

If you have applied for an entry visa for a new helper online through GovHK and received a notification letter from the Immigration Department asking you to provide supplementary documents, you can use the online submission service. The following link will take you to further information on how to submit your supplementary documents online.

Online supplementary document submission

Assistance and Further Information

If you need technical assistance in using the online service, you can call the Immigration e-Services Hotline at (852) 3128 8668 between 7 am and 11 pm daily.

For general enquiries, please call (852) 2824 6111 during office hours (from 8:45 am to 5:15 pm, Monday to Friday, from 9 am to 12 noon on Saturday, except public holidays), send a fax to (852) 2877 7711 or send an email to

Further information on the online booking service is available in a set of helpful frequently asked questions (FAQs).

FAQ about online application for an entry visa for a new helper
Found this page helpful?
Found this page helpful?
Your feedback is highly appreciated. (Optional)
Notice: This form is NOT intended for handling enquiries or complaints. For assistance, please contact the 24-hour Helpdesk at (852) 183 5500 or email to
Thank you. Your input will only be used to improve GovHK.
Last revision date: April 2023
Health & Medical Services Close Button Health & Medical Services