Online Application for Extension of Stay (for Persons Staying in Hong Kong as Dependants)

Who Can Use This Service

You can use the online service to submit your extension of stay application if you stay in Hong Kong as a dependant of the following persons:


Persons admitted under the following arrangements/schemes


- Quality Migrant Admission Scheme (QMAS)


- General Employment Policy


- Admission Scheme for Mainland Talents and Professionals


- Technology Talent Admission Scheme (TechTAS)


- Capital Investment Entrant Scheme (CIES)


- Immigration Arrangements for Non-local Graduates (IANG)


- Admission Scheme for the Second Generation of Chinese Hong Kong Permanent Residents (ASSG)


- Top Talent Pass Scheme (TTPS)


Persons with student status


Hong Kong permanent residents or residents who are not subject to a limit of stay (i.e. residents with the right to land or on unconditional stay)

However, you are not eligible to use the service if:


you are not physically present in Hong Kong at the time of submission;


you will not be physically present in Hong Kong at the time of collection of your “e-Visa”;


you are on visitor status;


your remaining limit of stay is more than 4 weeks (if you are a dependant of person admitted under CIES, and your remaining limit of stay is more than 3 months);


your limit of stay has expired;


your travel document will expire in 3 months;


you need to depart Hong Kong and will not return before the expiry of your limit of stay;


your circumstances have changed since entry or your last extension of stay (for example, you have changed employer, sponsor, investment assets, school or study programme); or


you have been notified that your next extension of stay will be subject to review*.

* Except dependants of persons admitted under TTPS.

Documents to be Submitted Online

The documents you need to submit with your online application will depend on your current immigration status. Documents marked with * are mandatory.

Dependant Status

Documents Maximum no. of files for upload
  • *Form ID91 – Application for Extension of Stay first 3 pages (only for dependant under CIES)


  • *Form ID481A – Declaration of Sponsor (only for dependant under CIES)


  • Form ID481B – Declaration of Dependant Applicant (only for dependant spouse or the other party to a same-sex civil partnership, same-sex civil union, “same-sex marriage”, opposite-sex civil partnership or opposite-sex civil union entered into by him/her, in accordance with the local law in force of the place of celebration and with such status being legally and officially recognised by the local authorities of the place of celebration, under CIES)


  • Hong Kong identity card


  • *Travel document (pages showing personal particulars, latest condition and limit of stay/landing slip and any amendments made, such as those relating to personal particulars or document validity) and/or latest “e-Visa” (if applicable)


  • *Sponsor’s Hong Kong identity card or travel document (pages showing personal particulars, conditions of stay/latest landing slip and any amendments made, such as those relating to personal particulars or document validity) and/or latest “e-Visa” (if applicable)


  • Other supporting documents


Please note that in the online application process, the applicant and/or the sponsor / authorised person of the employer (if applicable) (except dependants of person admitted under CIES) will be required to fill in an online application form and sign to confirm that all information given in the online application form is correct, complete and true. If the dependant is under the age of 16 (child dependant), the online application form must be signed by his/her parent or legal guardian.

Dependants of persons admitted under CIES can download the appropriate forms through the following links and upload the signed application forms by the applicant and/or dependant in the online application process.

Form ID91: Application for Extension of Stay
Form ID481A: Declaration of Sponsor
Form ID481B: Declaration of Dependant Applicant

File Formats

Before uploading the required documents, you will need to scan them in one of the following formats:


File size: 5Mbytes or below for each file

Colour depth: Grayscale (for documents without photos)
                       Colour (for documents with photos)

How to Start

Once you have prepared your supplementary documents, you can access the online service through the following link.

Online application for extension of stay

Please ensure that the information you provide is correct. Incorrect information may render your submission invalid.

Group Submission

The maximum number of applications that can be submitted in each group is nine (depending on the application type). Applicants with different sponsors must submit applications separately. The system will guide you through the steps of providing the personal information of each applicant, and uploading the documents required. If you cannot obtain the online submission acknowledgment at the end of the process, you will have to re-submit the applications.

Supplementary Document Submission

If you have applied for an extension of stay online through GovHK and received a notification letter from the Immigration Department asking you to provide supplementary documents, you can use the online submission service. The following link will take you to further information on how to submit your supplementary documents online.

Online supplementary document submission

Assistance and Further Information

If you need technical assistance in using the online service, you can call the Immigration e-Services Hotline at (852) 3128 8668 between 7 am and 11 pm daily.

For general enquiries, please call (852) 2824 6111 during office hours (from 8:45 am to 5:15 pm, Monday to Friday, from 9 am to 12 noon on Saturday, except public holidays), send a fax to (852) 2877 7711 or send an email to

Further information on the online booking service is available in a set of helpful frequently asked questions (FAQs).

FAQs about online application for extension of stay
Found this page helpful?
Found this page helpful?
Your feedback is highly appreciated. (Optional)
Notice: This form is NOT intended for handling enquiries or complaints. For assistance, please contact the 24-hour Helpdesk at (852) 183 5500 or email to
Thank you. Your input will only be used to improve GovHK.
Last revision date: March 2024
Health & Medical Services Close Button Health & Medical Services