Online Application under Special Scheme to Import Care Workers for Residential Care Homes for Employment in Hong Kong

Who can Use this Service

You can use this online service to submit application for entry for employment under Special Scheme to Import Care Workers for Residential Care Homes (Special Scheme) in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) (applicable to applications for visa / entry permit for a contract with a new employer, contract renewal with the same employer or replacement of an imported care worker).

This online service is not applicable to extension of stay application of imported care workers.

Eligibility Criteria

To find out if you are eligible to apply for entry for employment in Hong Kong under the Special Scheme, please visit this website.

Documents to be Submitted Online

Documents marked with * are mandatory.

A. Applicant

Documents Maximum no. of files for upload
  • *Applicant's valid travel document containing personal particulars, date of issue, date of expiry and/or details of any re-entry visa held (if applicable). For an applicant who is currently staying in the HKSAR, his/her valid travel document page containing the latest arrival stamp / landing slip / extension of stay label in the HKSAR and the latest issued “e-Visa” (if applicable). A Chinese resident of the Mainland who has not been issued with a travel document may submit his/her People's Republic of China resident identity card.
  • *Applicant’s recent photograph
  • Hong Kong identity card (if any)
  • *Proof of academic qualifications
  • *Proof of relevant work experience
  • *Letter of consent completed by the applicant (SWC-ICW-8b)
  • Other supporting documents, such as:
    • Applicant’s Macao identity card [for Macao SAR residents only]
    • Applicant’s household registration in Taiwan and Taiwan identity card [for Taiwan residents only]

B. Employer

Documents Maximum no. of files for upload
  • *Company / Organisation chop
  • *Business Registration Certificate / Certificate of Incorporation
  • *Licence of Residential Care for the Elderly / Licence of Residential Care Home for Persons with Disabilities / Letter of Exemption for Scheduled Nursing Home
  • *The standard employment contract (SWD-ICW-16) signed between the employer and the imported care worker
  • *Notice of Quota Approval (SWD-ICW-8) and its Annex 1: Quota Details (SWD-ICW-8a) issued by the Social Welfare Department [for a contract with a new employer / contract renewal with the same employer]
  • *Notice of Application Result for Replacement of Imported Care Worker (SWD-ICW-18b) issued by the Social Welfare Department [for replacement of an imported care worker]
  • Other supporting documents

Please note that in the online application process, the applicant and employer will be required to fill in an online application form and sign to confirm that all information given in the online application form is correct, complete and true.


File Formats

Before uploading the required documents, you will need to scan them in one of the following formats:
File size: 5Mbytes or below for each file
Colour depth: Grayscale (for documents without photos)
                       Colour (for documents with photos)

How to Start

Once you have prepared your supplementary documents, you can access the online service through the following link

Online application under Special Scheme to Import Care Workers for Residential Care Homes for employment in Hong Kong

Please ensure that the information you provide is correct. Incorrect information may render your submission invalid.

Supplementary Document Submission

If you have submitted an entry application under the Special Scheme and received a notification letter from the Immigration Department asking you to provide supplementary documents, you can use the online submission service. The following link will take you to further information on how to submit your supplementary documents online.

Online supplementary document submission

Assistance and Further Information

If you need technical assistance in using the online service, you can call the Immigration e-Services Hotline at (852) 3128 8668 between 7 am and 11 pm daily.

For general enquiries, please call (852) 2824 6111 during office hours (from 8:45 am to 5:15 pm, Monday to Friday, from 9 am to 12 noon on Saturday, except public holidays), send a fax to (852) 2877 7711 or send an email to

Further information on the online service is available in a set of helpful frequently asked questions (FAQs).

FAQs about online application under Special Scheme to Import Care Workers for Residential Care Homes in Hong Kong
Found this page helpful?
Found this page helpful?
Your feedback is highly appreciated. (Optional)
Notice: This form is NOT intended for handling enquiries or complaints. For assistance, please contact the 24-hour Helpdesk at (852) 183 5500 or email to
Thank you. Your input will only be used to improve GovHK.
Last revision date: May 2024
Health & Medical Services Close Button Health & Medical Services