Online Application for Entry for Residence as Dependants in Hong Kong

Who can Use this Service

You can use this online service to submit application for entry for residence as dependants in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR).

This online service is not applicable to extension of stay application of dependants. If required, you may apply via this website.

Eligibility Criteria

To find out if you are eligible to apply for entry for residence as dependants in Hong Kong, please visit this website.

Documents to be Submitted Online

Documents marked with * are mandatory.

A. Applicant

Documents Maximum no. of files for upload
  • *Applicant's valid travel document containing personal particulars, date of issue, date of expiry and/or details of any re-entry visa held (if applicable). For an applicant who is currently staying in the HKSAR, his/her valid travel document page containing the latest arrival stamp/landing slip/extension of stay label in the HKSAR and the latest issued “e-Visa” (if applicable). A Chinese resident of the Mainland who has not been issued with a travel document may submit his/her People's Republic of China resident identity card.
  • *Applicant's recent photograph
  • Hong Kong identity card (if any)
  • *Proof of the applicant's relationship with the sponsor,  e.g. marriage certificate, birth certificate, family photographs, family letters (with envelopes), census record book and Privilege Card for Single Child (if applicable)
  • Other supporting documents, such as:
    • Macao identity card [for Macao Special Administrative Region residents only]
    • Household registration in Taiwan and Taiwan identity card [for Taiwan residents only]

B. Sponsor

Documents Maximum no. of files for upload
  • *Sponsor's valid travel document containing personal particulars, date of issue, date of expiry, and the current visa/entry permit/extension of stay label in the HKSAR/the latest issued "e-Visa" (if the sponsor is a non-permanent resident of the HKSAR)
  • Sponsor's Hong Kong identity card (if any)
  • *Proof of the sponsor's financial standing, e.g. bank statements, savings accounts passbooks, tax receipts and salary slips
  • *Proof of sponsor's accommodation, e.g. rental receipts
  • Other supporting documents

Please note that in the online application process, the applicant and sponsor will be required to fill in an online application form and sign to confirm that all information given in the online application form is correct, complete and true. If the applicant is under the age of 16 (child applicant), the online application form must be signed by his/her parent or legal guardian.

File Formats

Before uploading the required documents you will need to scan them in one of the following formats:
File size: 5Mbytes or below for each file
Colour depth: Grayscale (for documents without photos)
                       Colour (for documents with photos)

How to Start

Once you have prepared your supplementary documents, you can access the online service through the following link.

Online application for entry for residence as dependants in Hong Kong

Please ensure that the information you provide is correct. Incorrect information may render your submission invalid.

Group Submission

The maximum number of applications that can be submitted in each group is nine. The system will guide you through the steps of providing the personal information of each applicant, and uploading the documents required. If you cannot obtain the online submission acknowledgment at the end of the process, you will have to re-submit the applications. 

Supplementary Document Submission

If you have submitted an entry application for residence as dependant and received a notification letter from the Immigration Department asking you to provide supplementary documents, you can use the online submission service. The following link will take you to further information on how to submit your supplementary documents online.

Online supplementary document submission

Assistance and Further Information

If you need technical assistance in using the online service, you can call the Immigration e-Services Hotline at (852) 3128 8668 between 7 am and 11 pm daily.
For general enquiries, please call (852) 2824 6111 during office hours (from 8:45 am to 5:15 pm, Monday to Friday, from 9 am to 12 noon on Saturday, except public holidays), send a fax to (852) 2877 7711 or send an email to
Further information on the online service is available in a set of helpful frequently asked questions (FAQs). 

FAQs about online application for entry for residence as dependants in Hong Kong
Found this page helpful?
Found this page helpful?
Your feedback is highly appreciated. (Optional)
Notice: This form is NOT intended for handling enquiries or complaints. For assistance, please contact the 24-hour Helpdesk at (852) 183 5500 or email to
Thank you. Your input will only be used to improve GovHK.
Last revision date: November 2022