Online Services for Personalized Vehicle Registration Marks
You can now search online for the availability of personalized vehicle registration marks (PVRM) and then submit an application with a few clicks. For selected applications, you may also make a deposit payment within the specified payment period. Here you can learn about the scheme and the application procedures.
Personalized Vehicle Registration Mark
With the PVRM Scheme, you can propose your preferred vehicle registration mark and apply to the Transport Department. Upon approval, you can bid for the vehicle registration mark via auction.
A PVRM shall consist of not more than eight letters, numerals and/or blank spaces. Moreover, any ideas on the mark shall meet the basic combination requirements.What is a personalized vehicle registration mark (pdf file)Basic combination requirements for a personalized vehicle registration mark (pdf file)
Online Enquiry and Application
A convenient Internet option is provided for you to check online the availability of a PVRM and to validate it against the basic combination requirements. For those combinations that are available and passed the basic requirements, you may make an online application during the application period.
Who Can Apply Online
You may make an application for a PVRM if you are:
- at least 18 years of age and hold a Hong Kong identity card (for Hong Kong residents) or a passport (for non-Hong Kong residents); or
- the authorised person of a limited company who holds a valid Certificate of Incorporation. Business Registration Certificate will not be accepted.
What Do I Need to Prepare before Application
Before you start the online application, you should have the following items ready:
- A valid personal or organisational digital certificate issued by recognised Certification Authorities for authentication.
- A printer to print out a hard copy of the acknowledgement page. If you do not have a printer, be sure to write down the application number or you can save your application details or acknowledgement in your PC or other storage devices.
After the close of an application period, the Transport Department will draw lots to select the applications to be considered if the number of applications received in the invitation exercise exceeds the pre-set limit. For the selected applications, the Transport Department will send a written notice to the applicant requiring a deposit payment.
Online Deposit Payment
You may conveniently make an online payment for a PVRM deposit within the specified payment period. Before you start the payment, you should have the following items ready:
- Transport Department’s notification letter for deposit payment sent to the applicant.
- Either a credit card (Visa or MasterCard) or a PPS account number and Internet password for payment. Both Visa and MasterCard offer additional security programmes to give their cardholders extra protection when they make online payments. You must register in advance with Verified by Visa (VbV) or MasterCard® SecureCodeTM.
- A printer to print out a hard copy of the acknowledgement page. If you do not have a printer, be sure to write down the e-service reference number or you can save your payment acknowledgement in your PC or other storage devices.
Online Deposit Payment for Personalized Vehicle Registration MarksMore on GovHK online payment servicesMore on System Requirements for GovHK Online Services
Upon receipt of the deposit, the application will be considered by the Transport Department on whether it should be approved or rejected. For approved applications, they will be put up for auction and you will be informed of the auction date and details by registered mail.
If you need further information on the online services, please contact the Transport Department’s hotline at 2804 2600, visit the department’s website or read the FAQs below.More on Personalized Vehicle Registration Marks (PVRMs) SchemeGuidance notes on auction of personalized vehicle registration marks (pdf file)FAQs on online services for personalized vehicle registration marks