GovHK is the one-stop portal of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Government, making information and services of the public sector easier to find and use. Since the launch of GovHK in 2007, we have never stopped enhancing our service delivery with regard to portal design, variety of online services and information so as to let users get what they want all in one place.
What GovHK Does
GovHK features links to information and services and organises them by user groups of "Residents", "Business & Trade", "Non-Residents" and different social groups. Under each user group, information and online services are categorised by subjects such as "Immigration Services", "Taxes & Duties" and "Employment", rather than government bodies. This way, you can find what you need without having to know which government organisation is responsible for a particular service or programme. You can also make use of our powerful search engine to find the information and services that you are looking for.
To meet users' needs more efficiently and effectively, a personliased service delivery platform, MyGovHK, was launched on GovHK in December 2010 to provide services and information tailored to individual users. You can create your own MyGovHK account for free to have a personalised webpage for accessing information and services.
- Know More about MyGovHKhttp://www.gov.hk/en/theme/mygovhk/
If you need help using GovHK and MyGovHK, you can contact the GovHK Help Desk by email at firstname.lastname@example.org:email@example.com or by phone at 183 5500. The Help Desk operates round the clock, 24 hours a day.
- GovHK Help Deskhttp://www.gov.hk/en/about/helpdesk/
How GovHK Will Grow
We are striving to enhance GovHK's user experience by exploring new applications, modernising the portal interface, and enriching the existing contents so as to extend the Government’s outreach to different sectors of the society. With the launch of MyGovHK as the first step of providing customised services, we will continue to work closely with bureaux and departments to integrate more online services with the portal.
What GovHK Has Achieved
The reputation of GovHK is built in part of the awards and recognitions the portal has received over the years. Dedicated efforts to improve the portal accessibility to cater for people with special needs have earned GovHK a number of awards recently. Since its launch, the portal with its well-thought-out design and all-embracing structure and contents has been popular among members of the public.
Here are the recognitions GovHK received:
- Voted by Internet users one of the three most-favoured brands for the Yahoo! Emotive Brand Awards (Government Sector) 2010-11 and 2012-13
- Gold Award in Web Accessibility Recognition Scheme 2013
- Ruby Award in Web Care Award 2011-13
- Voted one of the Meritorious Websites in the Meritorious Websites Contest 2012
- Standard of Excellence in the category of Government Website in Web Marketing Association's WebAward 2012 and 2014
- The Best in Class Award (Government) in the Interactive Media Awards 2011, 2012 and 2014
- Outstanding Website in the category of Government Website in Web Marketing Association’s WebAward 2010 and 2011
- Ruby Award in Web Care Award 2010
- Second Runner-up in Rutgers Global E-Governance Survey 2010
- Voted as Recommended Website in the Meritorious Websites Contest in 2009 and 2010
- Silver Award for Best Public Service Application in Hong Kong ICT Awards 2009
- Excellence Award in Web Care Award 2009
- Standard of Excellence in the category of Government Website in Web Marketing Association's WebAward 2008
- First Runner-up of Best Practices e-Government in the World e-Government Mayors Forum 2008
Your feedback and suggestions will help GovHK better meet your needs. You can send them to GovHK by email at firstname.lastname@example.org:email@example.com.
Last revision date: November 2014