Safety Measures / Information
Your current location in this website
I Want To...
Top Destinations in This Section
- Update Address Record Onlinehttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/housing/moving/coa.htm
- Renew Full Driving Licence Onlinehttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/transport/drivinglicense/renewdrivinglicense.htm
- Subscribe Reminder for Vehicle Licence Renewalhttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/transport/vehicle/remindervlr.htm
- Book an Appointment Online for Vehicle Licence Renewalhttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/transport/vehicle/vabs.htm
- View Current Traffic Conditionshttp://traffic.td.gov.hk/selection_e.htm
Sub Navigation Menu
- Public Transport in Hong Konghttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/transport/publictransport/
- Road Network & Facilitieshttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/transport/roadnetwork/
- Road and Traffic Conditions & Special Arrangementshttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/transport/roadandtraffic/
- Driving Licences & Testshttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/transport/drivinglicense/
- Vehicle Registration & Examinationhttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/transport/vehicle/
- Cross-Boundary Travelhttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/transport/crossboundary/
- Air Passenger Serviceshttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/transport/airpassenger/
- Pleasure Vessel Operator & Pilot Licensinghttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/transport/vessel/
- Safety Measures / Informationhttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/transport/safetymeasuresandtips/
Safe Driving and Good Healthhttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/transport/safetymeasuresandtips/safedrivingandgoodhealth.htm
A competent motorist should not only stay alert while driving, but also pay attention to personal health. In this article, you will know how to establish a safe driving attitude and acquire the related health information.
Cycling Information Centrehttp://www.td.gov.hk/mini_site/cic/en/index.html
Cycling Information Centre (CIC) is a one-stop information platform for the public at large who are interested in leisure cycling activities. You can find relevant information on locations of cycle tracks and cycle park sites, safe cycling tips, education and promotion activities etc, as well as information on major on-going cycle projects, temporary closure/diversion of cycle tracks here etc. Besides, this CIC provides relevant links to other Government departments who are responsible for planning, management and maintenance of cycling facilities/venues and enforcement.
Road Users' Codehttp://www.td.gov.hk/en/road_safety/road_users_code/index.html
The Road User Code published by the Transport Department lays down the rules, advice and information for all types of road users to ensure the safe and efficient use of road system.
Driving-offence Points Systemhttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/transport/safetymeasuresandtips/dops.htm
Here you can learn the operation of the System and its effect.
Mandatory Attendance of Driving Improvement Coursehttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/transport/safetymeasuresandtips/mdic.htm
From 9 February 2009, the Driving Improvement Course will be made mandatory for traffic offenders. Learn about the objective of the course, which categories of drivers are required to attend the course on a mandatory basis, other related information as well as road safety tips here.
Driver Improvement Scheme & Driving Improvement Schoolshttp://www.td.gov.hk/en/road_safety/safe_motoring_guides/driver_improvement_scheme/index.html
The Scheme launched by the Transport Department aims to promote road safety and convey proper driving behavior and attitude to drivers. You can locate the contact information of the Government designated driving improvement schools here.
Handling Emergency Traffic Incidents by Motoristshttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/transport/safetymeasuresandtips/emergency.htm
Find out what to do when your vehicle breaks down or encounters a traffic accident. Tips on road safety and claiming compensation are also available.
Road Safety Tipshttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/transport/safetymeasuresandtips/roadsafetytips.htm
Check out the road safety reminders and tips here.
Road Safety Bulletinhttp://www.td.gov.hk/en/road_safety/road_safety_bulletin/index.html
The Road Safety Bulletin is jointly produced by the Transport Department and the Road Safety Council, which provides the latest road and traffic safety messages to all road users. You may browse the Road Safety Bulletin in this website.
- Safe Driving and Good Healthhttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/transport/safetymeasuresandtips/safedrivingandgoodhealth.htm
Pleasure Vessel Safety
Safety Tips for Boatinghttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/transport/safetymeasuresandtips/safetyboating.htm
Here you can learn how to operate a pleasure vessel safely, so that you and your passengers can enjoy safe and fun boat trips in the waters of Hong Kong.
Guidelines For Boaters - The Dos & Don'tshttp://www.mardep.gov.hk/en/pub_services/ocean/pvguide.html
While enjoying the fun of boating, pleasure vessel operators should also ensure safety in the sea and protect the marine environment. Check out the guidelines on safe operation here.
Traffic Separation Schemes/Principal Fairwayshttp://www.mardep.gov.hk/en/pub_services/ocean/fairway.html
The purpose of providing Principal Fairways and Traffic Separation Schemes is to improve the safety of navigation in areas where traffic density is high or traffic movement is restricted. Check out the 10 Principal Fairways and 2 Traffic Separation Schemes in the waters of Hong Kong here.
Speed Restricted Zones for Vesselshttp://www.mardep.gov.hk/en/pub_services/ocean/pvguide.html#1
There are multiple speed-restricted zones in Hong Kong waters. Check out the speed limits for specific months and time zones here.
Safety Guidelines during Fireworks Displays or Major Events at Seahttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/transport/safetymeasuresandtips/safetyfireworks.htm
This article provides the safety guidelines for boating activities during fireworks displays or other major events at sea.
- Safety Tips for Boatinghttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/transport/safetymeasuresandtips/safetyboating.htm
Air Traffic Control Safety
Air Traffic Control Equipment for the Airporthttp://www.cad.gov.hk/english/esd_equip.html
Here you can learn the functions of various air traffic control equipment for the Hong Kong International Airport.
Reduced Vertical Separation Minimum (RVSM)http://www.cad.gov.hk/english/rvsm.html
The Reduced Vertical Separation Minimum (RVSM) was implemented in Hong Kong in 2002 to enhance the airspace capacity and optimisation of operational efficiency.
- Air Traffic Control Equipment for the Airporthttp://www.cad.gov.hk/english/esd_equip.html
Civil Aviation Department – Aviation Education Path (Free Admission)http://www.gov.hk/en/residents/transport/safetymeasuresandtips/cad_edupath.htm
Exhibits and models are provided to showcase visitors the development of the civil aviation industry in Hong Kong to enhance their knowledge and interest in aviation.
- Civil Aviation Department – Aviation Education Path (Free Admission)http://www.gov.hk/en/residents/transport/safetymeasuresandtips/cad_edupath.htm
Last review date: June 2016