Booking an appointment to renew your vehicle licence is easy with the online service offered by Transport Department. Here you can find out how to use the service, what to take to your appointment and other details of vehicle licence renewal.
New Online Booking Service
Holders of vehicle licences that will expire in the coming four months and those whose licences have expired within the last two years can use this new service to book an appointment at a nearby Licensing Office to submit licence renewal applications.
- Online appointment booking for renewal of vehicle licence
- More information on renewing your vehicle licencehttp://www.td.gov.hk/en/public_services/licences_and_permits/vehicle_and_driving_licences/how_to_apply_for_registering_and_licensing_a_vehic/index.html
- List of Licensing Offices and opening hourshttp://www.td.gov.hk/en/public_services/licences_and_permits/vehicle_and_driving_licences/licensing_offices/index.html
- More on System Requirements for GovHK Online Serviceshttp://www.gov.hk/en/about/helpdesk/softwarerequirement/onlineservice.htm
Documents to Take to Your Appointment
When attending your appointment, you should take the completed application form for vehicle licence renewal (TD558) and other required documents as set out in the application form. The form TD558 can be downloaded from the link provided below, obtained by fax through the Transport Department's customer service hotline at 2804 2600 or fetched in person at one of the Licensing Offices.
- Application for Renewal of Vehcile Licence (TD558) (pdf file)http://www.td.gov.hk/filemanager/common/tdforms/td558(rev.7.2015).pdf
For further information about the online appointment booking service, call 1823 or read the following FAQs.
- FAQs about the online appointment booking for renewal of vehicle licencehttp://abs.td.gov.hk/tdabsfaq/htm/english/faq.htm
Last review date: September 2015