The appointment booking period for application of Hong Kong identity card at Registration of Persons Offices is 24 working days. Applicants are advised to make prior appointment before they come to our offices for services.
You can make use of this online service to make an appointment booking for application for the Hong Kong smart identity card before visiting the Registration of Persons Offices. This article will tell you what you should know before using the online booking service.
Who Can Use This Service?
You can use this service if you are:
- young people who have to apply for an adult identity card upon reaching the age of 18;
- children who need to apply for a juvenile identity card upon reaching the age of 11;
- persons whose identity cards have been lost, destroyed, damaged or defaced;
- persons who wish to amend the particulars printed on their identity cards;
- new arrivals@; or
- Holders of Hong Kong identity cards issued before 23 June 2003 who were absent from Hong Kong during their specified call-up periods under the Hong Kong Smart Identity Card Replacement Exercise.
@ One Way Exit Permit entrants will be provided with appointment booking service for identity card registration upon entry at Lo Wu. Before entry, internet or telephone appointment booking is not applicable to them.
Arrivals under the age of 11 from the Mainland holding One-way Permits must have their first registrations for Hong Kong identity card at the Registration of Persons – Kowloon Office within 30 days following their 11th birthday.
Online Appointment Booking
If you know what supporting documents are required, you can now make your appointment online. Otherwise, please check for the details in the paragraphs below.
How to Start
To make an appointment, you need to enter the number of your Hong Kong identity card, Hong Kong birth certificate (registered on or after 06-11-1995) or travel document as the identity document number. If you enter the number of your travel document as the identity document number, you need to input your day and year of birth as well. If you are making an appointment for a child, please provide the identity document number of the child. You also have to enter a 4-digit enquiry code for subsequent change, cancellation or enquiry about your appointment.
You can select your appointment within the following 24 working days*. The result of booking is subject to the availability of quota of each office.
You may make an appointment for up to 4 applicants. Applicants of the same appointment should turn up at the chosen office together at the selected time slot to get a number tag for registration.
When a successful appointment is made and you choose to receive an appointment reminder, an email reminder will be sent to the email address you provided 2 days before the appointment day. You can change your email address or cancel the reminder at least 3 days before the appointment day.
For changing an appointment, the earliest available appointment will be on the next working day*. In view of the limited appointment quotas, please change or cancel your appointment at least 1 day before the appointment day if you are not able to attend.
*Monday to Saturday (except General Holidays)
If the information provided for making an appointment is incorrect, the appointment will be automatically deleted from the system without further notice.
Supporting Documents to Take with You
You should bring along the original supporting documents to your appointment according to the nature of your registration. Please refer to the following links for more information.
- Application for a Hong Kong identity card by a person aged 18 or abovehttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/immigration/idcard/hkic/appo18.htm
- Application for a Hong Kong identity card by a person under 18http://www.gov.hk/en/residents/immigration/idcard/hkic/appu18.htm
- Lost / destroyed / damaged / defaced identity card or amendment of registered informationhttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/immigration/idcard/hkic/registreplace.htm
- Overseas application for Hong Kong permanent identity cardhttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/immigration/idcard/hkic/oappic.htm
Booking by Phone
Besides the online booking system, you can also make an appointment via the 24-hour telephone booking system at (852) 2598 0888.
Registration of Persons Offices
Please refer to the following link for the addresses and working hours of Registration of Persons Offices.
- Addresses and working hours of Registration of Persons Officeshttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/immigration/idcard/hkic/whereapply.htm
Assistance and further information
If you need assistance in using the online service, you can call the Immigration e-Services Hotline at (852) 3128 8668 between 7 am and 11 pm daily.
For general enquiries, please call (852) 2824 6111, fax (852) 2877 7711 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Further information on the service is also available in a set of helpful Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).
- FAQs about online appointment booking for Hong Kong smart identity cardhttps://webapp.immd.gov.hk/content_ogcio/smartics/html/english/rop_appointmentbooking_faq_page1.html
Last review date: March 2012