Government Incentives & Retraining
Your current location in this website
I Want To...
Top Destinations in This Section
- Know more about the Working Hours Policy Directions under Consultationhttp://www.swhc.org.hk/en/consultation
- Know more about the Statutory Minimum Wagehttp://www.labour.gov.hk/eng/news/mwo.htm
- Receive Notifications for Large-scale Job Fairshttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/employment/jobsearch/jobfairinfo.htm
- Know How to Manage MPF Benefits When Changing Jobshttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/employment/jobsearch/changingjobs.htm
- Check out Training Courses of the ERBhttp://www.erb.org/training_courses/erb_courses/manpower_development_scheme/en/
Sub Navigation Menu
- Looking for a Jobhttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/employment/jobsearch/
- Mandatory Provident Fund (MPF) Systemhttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/employment/mpf/
- Labour Legislation & Guidelineshttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/employment/labour/
- Employees' Protection & Compensationhttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/employment/employee/
- Occupational Safety & Healthhttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/employment/safety/
- Government Incentives & Retraininghttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/employment/retraining/
- Working Outside HKhttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/employment/workingoutsidehk/
- Registration & Licensinghttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/employment/registration/
Incentives for Employment
Work Incentive Transport Subsidy Schemehttp://www.labour.gov.hk/eng/service/witss.htm
The Scheme allows individual-based and household-based applicants to apply for subsidy for the previous 6 to 12 months in each application. Please note the application deadline. Find out the Scheme’s details here.
Youth Employment and Training Programmehttp://www.yes.labour.gov.hk/ypyt/en/emp_ojt_scheme.htm
The Programme provides on-the-job training to young school leavers aged15 to 24 with educational attainment at sub-degree or below level. Employers engaging a trainee will be entitled to a monthly training subsidy. Find out more information here.
Employment Programme for the Middle-agedhttp://www.jobs.gov.hk/1/0/WebForm/information/en/epm/info_epm.aspx
This programme offers employers a training allowance to encourage them to recruit unemployed job seekers who are aged 40 or above, and to provide them with on-the-job training. Find out more information here.
On the Job Training Programme for People with Disabilitieshttp://www.swd.gov.hk/en/index/site_pubsvc/page_rehab/sub_listofserv/id_onthejobtr/
This Programme aims to enhance the employment of persons with disabilities through proactive training. Employers who provide job trials for the disabled will be given a wage subsidy. Find out more information here.
Sunnyway – On the Job Training Programme for Young People with Disabilitieshttp://www.swd.gov.hk/en/index/site_pubsvc/page_rehab/sub_listofserv/id_onthejobsw/
This Programme provides proactive training for young persons with disabilities or early signs of mental illness, aged between 15 and 25, to enhance their employment. Employers who offer a job trial for a participant will receive a wage subsidy. Find out more information here.
Work Orientation and Placement Schemehttp://www.jobs.gov.hk/iSPS/Web/WebForm/Wops/default.aspx?RunMode=English
The Scheme aims to encourage employers to employ people with disabilities by offering a financial incentive and providing pre-employment training to job seekers with disabilities. Find out more information here.
- Work Incentive Transport Subsidy Schemehttp://www.labour.gov.hk/eng/service/witss.htm
Retraining Services for Employeeshttp://www.erb.org/training_courses/erb_courses/manpower_development_scheme/en/
Find out what retraining services the Employees Retraining Board offers to eligible employees aged 15 or above and with education attainment of sub-degree or below.
Training and Job Referral Services for Domestic Serviceshttp://www.erb.org/smartliving/en/assistant.php
Find information about training courses and job referral services offered by the Employees Retraining Board for domestic helpers through Smart Living.
Online Enquiry and Enrollment for Training Courseshttp://www.erb.org/training_courses/erb_courses/course_search/en/
Check out the training courses available from the Employees Retraining Board and enroll online (Available in Chinese only).
Courses for Young Peoplehttp://www.erb.org/training_courses/erb_courses/course_categories/courses_young_people/en/
This Programme targets young people aged between 15 and 20, helping them regain the learning momentum, have the attitude and direction for learning or employment.
- Retraining Services for Employeeshttp://www.erb.org/training_courses/erb_courses/manpower_development_scheme/en/
Last revision date: April 2016