Library Services & Reading
Your current location in this website
I Want To...
Top Destinations in This Section
- Book Leisure Facilities or Enrol for Programmeshttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/culture/recreation/leisurelink/leisurelink.htm
- Access Online Library Serviceshttp://www.hkpl.gov.hk/en/index.html
- Buy Tickets from URBTIXhttp://www.lcsd.gov.hk/en/ticket/index.html
- Look for Museum Programmeshttp://www.museums.gov.hk/en_US/home
- Access e-APS - LCSD Performance Venues Online Application and Payment Serviceshttps://eaps.lcsd.gov.hk/ccms_eaps/LCSD/main.zul?lang=EN
Sub Navigation Menu
- Recreation & Sportshttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/culture/recreation/
- Library Services & Readinghttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/culture/reading/
- Culture & Artshttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/culture/performart/
- Major Events & Activitieshttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/culture/events/
- Heritage & Museumshttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/culture/museum/
- Country Parks, Trails & Campgroundshttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/culture/trail/
- Fun in Hong Konghttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/culture/fun/
- Travelling outside Hong Konghttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/culture/travel/
- Mobile Appshttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/culture/mobile/
Gain an overview of the Hong Kong public library system, including where libraries are, the services and facilities they offer, the activities that take place in them and how to use your Hong Kong identity card as a library card.
Library Locations and Opening Hourshttp://www.hkpl.gov.hk/en/locations/libraries.html
Check out the locations and opening hours of all public libraries here.
Online Library Serviceshttp://www.hkpl.gov.hk/en/index.html
Find quick links to all online library services here, including search, reservation, renewal of library materials and more.
A collection of Chinese and English e-Books is now available to the Hong Kong Public Libraries' library cardholders via the Internet. The Collection covers a wide range of subjects and includes texts suitable to general readers as well as reference works and more specialised works for professionals and advanced readers.
Hong Kong Public Libraries provides registered readers with various kinds of electronic resources via the Internet, including e-books, audio books, encyclopedias, biographies, reading guides, and indices to Chinese journal articles and dissertations.
Multimedia Information Systemhttps://mmis.hkpl.gov.hk
The System provides users with various kinds of digitised and multimedia information. You can use the single and unified interface for one-stop search and access to various kinds of digitised images and documents.
- Library Serviceshttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/culture/reading/library/services.htm
Outreaching Programmes & Reading Activities
Find out what programmes and activities are taking place in the Hong Kong Public Libraries, including book exhibitions, storytelling for children, subject talks and more.
Reading Resources for Children and Teenshttp://www.hkpl.gov.hk/en/kids/index.html
Learn more about the programmes, events and resources designed to stimulate the reading interests of kids and teens.
- Library Activitieshttp://www.hkpl.gov.hk/en/extension-activities/all-events/this-week
Applying for the Use of Smart ID Card for Library Serviceshttp://www.hkpl.gov.hk/en/about-us/services/borrower-reg/apply-smart-id-ls.html
You can use your Smart ID card for library services rather than carrying a separate library card. Learn the application procedure and download the application form here.
Applying for a Library Cardhttp://www.hkpl.gov.hk/en/about-us/services/borrower-reg/apply-lc.html
Learn how to apply for a free library card in order to gain access to the public libraries in Hong Kong.
Applying for the Library Card for Guarantor’s Usehttp://www.hkpl.gov.hk/en/about-us/services/borrower-reg/guarantor-card.html
Learn how to apply for a free library card for guarantor’s use through this webpage in order to cater for the reading needs of the children, the elderly and the mobility handicapped.
Reporting Loss of Smart ID Card Allowed for Library Purposehttp://www.hkpl.gov.hk/en/about-us/services/borrower-reg/report-loss-smart-id.html
If you lose your Smart ID card allowed for public library services, you need to report loss to both the Immigration Department and the Hong Kong Public Libraries. Find out how to report loss and download the form here.
Reporting Loss and Replacement of Library Cardhttp://www.hkpl.gov.hk/en/about-us/services/borrower-reg/report-loss.html
Lost your library card? Find out how to apply for a replacement here.
- Applying for the Use of Smart ID Card for Library Serviceshttp://www.hkpl.gov.hk/en/about-us/services/borrower-reg/apply-smart-id-ls.html
Last review date: June 2015