1. GovHK is the one-stop portal for information and services provided by the Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region ("the Government"). By building a hyperlink from a website to GovHK (www.gov.hk) (including all or any of its webpages) ("GovHK"), you unconditionally agree to the terms and conditions of this "Linking to GovHK" and as they may be revised and/or amended from time to time by the Government without any prior notice to you. Please check this webpage regularly for any modifications and/or supplements which may be made. Unless the context requires otherwise, a hyperlink in this "Linking to GovHK" is defined as an electronic connection between a website and GovHK. Please note that lower level webpages other than homepage and landing page in GovHK may change at any time without any prior notice to you.
Terms and Conditions for Building Hyperlinks to GovHK
2. Prior consent of the Government is not required for linking to GovHK, except building inline link(s) to any materials (including but not limited to photographs, graphics, drawing, diagrams, audio and video files) on GovHK where the materials are located, provided that:-
(a) the website must not present the content of GovHK as its own, or otherwise misrepresent the content of GovHK, or misinform any users about the origin or ownership of the content of GovHK; and
(b) the link or access to the materials must be for non-commercial use (e.g. the link or access to the materials must not be for sale or exchange for any benefit, gain, profit or reward, or any other commercial purposes).
3. All contents available on GovHK are protected by copyright. Please refer to GovHK's Copyright Notice for details. The permission given in paragraph 2 only applies to Government copyright protected materials on GovHK. The Government reserves the right to withdraw any permission given in paragraph 2 above at any time without any prior notice to you.
- Copyright Noticehttp://www.gov.hk/en/about/copyright.htm
4. For the avoidance of doubt, the permission to build hyperlink(s) to GovHK does not extend to any third party websites or any materials on GovHK the copyright of which belongs to a third party. Authorisation or permission to build hyperlink(s) to such websites or materials must be obtained from the copyright owners concerned.
5. The Government does not permit a website to hyperlink to GovHK if it contains any material which is libellous, defamatory, pornographic, obscene, or is in any way in breach of the laws of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region or infringes any intellectual property rights (including but not limited to copyright) and moral rights. The Government may, in its sole discretion, require any websites to remove any hyperlink to GovHK at any time.
6. The Government is not responsible for the set-up of any hyperlinks from a website to GovHK or for the accuracy, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, reliability, security, timeliness or freedom from computer virus in respect of the content of such website. Any hyperlinks so set up shall not constitute any approval or endorsement by, or any form of cooperation or affiliation with, the Government of such website. The Government will not have or accept any liability, obligation or responsibility whatsoever for any loss, destruction or damage (including without limitation consequential loss, destruction or damage) however arising out of or in connection with such hyperlinks or any use or misuse of or reliance on any contents delivered on or via GovHK.
7. This "Linking to GovHK" has been translated into Chinese. If there is any inconsistency or ambiguity between the English version and the Chinese version, the English version shall prevail.
How to Link to GovHK
8. Look for the text, graphics and source codes below for creating hyperlink(s) to GovHK.
- Text & Graphic Links to GovHKhttp://www.gov.hk/en/about/linkpolicy/textandgraphiclinks.htm
Requests or Enquiries
9. Prior written consent of the Government is required if you intend to link to GovHK in any way or for any purpose other than that permitted above. Such requests or enquiries should be addressed to the GovHK Help Desk via email at firstname.lastname@example.org:email@example.com.
Last revision date: October 2010