Online Application for Extension of Stay (for Foreign Domestic Helpers Who Apply for Change of Employer)

After you have read the following instructions and have your application documents ready, you can access the online service by clicking the following link.

Online application for change of employer

Application tips

Before using this online application service, please save the completed application form(s) and supporting documents required as images files in JPG or TIF format for a faster application process.

Who can Use this Service

You can use this online service if you are a foreign domestic helper who apply to change of employer.

However, you are not eligible to use the service if:


you are not physically present in Hong Kong at the time of submission;


you will not be physically present in Hong Kong at the time of collection of your new visa label;


you intend to collect the approved new visa label at the Immigration Branch Offices;


your remainder period of current contract is more than 4 weeks;


your limit of stay has expired;


your travel document will expire in 3 months;


you need to depart Hong Kong and will not return before the expiry of your limit of stay;


you have been notified that your next extension of stay will be subject to review; or


you apply for extension of current contract for one month under mutual agreement.


Documents to be Submitted Online

Change of Employer

Documents Maximum no. of files for upload Download Form
  • Form ID988A - Visa/Extension of Stay Application Form for Domestic Helper from Abroad (first 4 pages only)
4 Download Form
  • Form ID988B - Application for Employment of Domestic Helper from Abroad (first 3 pages only)
3 Download Form
  • Form ID407 - Employment Contract for a Domestic Helper Recruited from Outside Hong Kong (New)
  • Form 407E - Notification of Termination of Employment Contract with Foreign Domestic Helper
4 Download Form
  • Undertaking of Employer (New requirement for FDH visa application during the epidemic situation)
2 Download Form
  • Passport copy of applicant (biodata page with photo and signature page)
  • Copy of Hong Kong Identity Card of applicant
  • Copy of Hong Kong Identity Card of employer
  • Proof of employer’s financial position
  • Proof of employer’s residential address
  • Release letter from current employer showing the date of termination of contract
  • Other supporting documents
  • Form ID934A - Application for Special Permission for Performance of Motor Driving Duties by Foreign Domestic Helpers (first 2 pages only) (if motor driving duties are required)
2 Download Form
  • Vehicle registration document (if driving duties)
  • Motor vehicle license (if driving duties)
  • Driving license of applicant (if driving duties)

File Formats

Before uploading the required documents you will need to scan them in one of the following formats:

Image type: JPG or TIF (CCITT-G4)
File size: 5Mbytes or below for each file
Colour depth:  Grayscale (for documents without photos)
                         Colour (for documents with photos)

When using the online application service, you will then need to enter the following information:

  • *The application reference number of latest visa or extension of stay application;
  • *Your date of birth;
  • *The current limit of stay granted under the most recent employment contract;
  • *The termination date of current contract;
  • *The date of contract commencement;
  • Reason for termination of employment; and
  • Limit of stay granted under mutual agreement or as visitor (if necessary)
More information on application reference numberMore information on current limit of stay

Please ensure that the information you provide is correct. Incorrect information may render your submission invalid.

Supplementary Document Submission

If you have applied for an extension of stay online through GovHK and received a notification letter from the Immigration Department asking you to provide supplementary documents, you can use the online submission service. The following link will take you to further information on how to submit your supplementary documents online.

Online supplementary document submission

Assistance and Further Information

If you need technical assistance in using the online service, you can call the Immigration e-Services Hotline at (852) 3128 8668 between 7 am and 11 pm daily.

For general enquiries, please call (852) 2824 6111, send a fax to (852) 2877 7711 or send an email to [email protected]

Further information on the online booking service is available in a set of helpful frequently asked questions (FAQs).

FAQs about online application for extension of stay
Found this page helpful?
Found this page helpful?
Your feedback is highly appreciated. (Optional)
Notice: This form is NOT intended for handling enquiries or complaints. For assistance, please contact the 24-hour Helpdesk at (852) 183 5500 or email to [email protected].
Thank you. Your input will only be used to improve GovHK.
Last revision date: July 2021