Online Reporting of Immigration Offences

Immigration offences such as overstaying or the employment of illegal workers can now be reported fully online. You can also complete the report form online, print it out and send it to the Immigration Department by fax or post.

Online Service

To report immigration offence(s) online, just complete the Online Immigration Offences Report Form and upload it with copies of additional information such as digital photos or relevant documents (if any). You can access the service through the following link:

Online Reporting of Immigration Offences

The more sections of the form completed and additional information provided, the easier it will be for the Immigration Department to investigate the offence(s) and/or refer it to other government bureaux, departments and organizations.

Please do not report offence(s) committed outside Hong Kong as the Immigration Department only has jurisdiction in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region. You should also be aware that knowingly providing any false information or misleading the Immigration Department is an offence in law.

Additional Information

Any additional information that you supply with your report should be uploaded in the following format:

File size: 5Mbytes or below for each file

Other Means of Notification

You can also report immigration offences by telephone, fax, email or post.

24-hour Immigration Offences Hotline: (852) 2824 1551
(a reference number will be provided with after report)

(852) 2824 1166


Immigration Department
5/F Skyline Tower
39 Wang Kwong Road
Kowloon Bay, Kowloon
Hong Kong

Underpaid mail items will not be accepted by the Immigration Department.  For proper delivery of your mail items, please ensure your mail items bear sufficient postage with return address before posting. (Details)

Assistance and Further Information

If you need technical assistance in using the online service, you can call the Immigration e-Services Hotline at (852) 3128 8668 between 7 am and 11 pm daily.

For general enquiries, please call (852) 2824 6111 during office hours (from 8:45 am to 5:15 pm, Monday to Friday, from 9 am to 12 noon on Saturday, except public holidays), send a fax to (852) 2877 7711 or send an email to

Further information on this online service is also available in a set of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).

FAQs about Online Reporting of Immigration Offences to the Immigration Department
Found this page helpful?
Found this page helpful?
Your feedback is highly appreciated. (Optional)
Notice: This form is NOT intended for handling enquiries or complaints. For assistance, please contact the 24-hour Helpdesk at (852) 183 5500 or email to
Thank you. Your input will only be used to improve GovHK.
Last revision date: January 2024