How to Give Notice of Public Meetings or Processions in Hong Kong

Under the Basic Law of the HKSAR and the Hong Kong Bill of Rights Ordinance, citizens have the freedom or right to peaceful assembly and public processions in Hong Kong. Here you can find the details on how to give notification of holding public meetings or processions in Hong Kong.

Who should give notice?

According to Public Order Ordinance (Cap. 245), any interested group who intends to hold a public meeting of more than 50 persons, or public procession of more than 30 persons is required to notify the Commissioner of Police.

How to Give Notice?

Interested groups should give details on their public meetings or public processions when they give notice through a notification form. In addition, they should observe the guidelines attached to the form to ensure good order and public safety.

Download notification form (pdf file)

Further details of the notification procedures and requirement are available at the Police public homepage:

Organising Public Meetings or Processions at the East Wing Forecourt of the Central Government Offices (CGO) at Tamar

If interested groups plan to hold public meetings or processions in the CGO compound, they should also apply to the Director of Administration.

Download application form and conditions and guidance notes.

Found this page helpful?
Found this page helpful?
Your feedback is highly appreciated. (Optional)
Notice: This form is NOT intended for handling enquiries or complaints. For assistance, please contact the 24-hour Helpdesk at (852) 183 5500 or email to
Thank you. Your input will only be used to improve GovHK.
Last revision date: March 2021