Online Application for "Letter Confirming No Objection to Issuance of Certificate of Discharge by the High Court" ("No-objection Letter")

Pursuant to Rule 92 of the Bankruptcy Rules, a discharged bankrupt can apply to the High Court for a certificate of discharge (the Certificate). The bankrupt shall contact the trustee to obtain a "Letter Confirming No Objection to Issuance of the Certificate by the High Court" (“No-objection Letter”) for the purpose of the application.

For bankruptcy cases in which the Official Receiver acts as the trustee, the discharged bankrupt can use this online service to apply for the “No-objection Letter”. When submitting the application, you should provide your name, bankruptcy case number and case year, Hong Kong Identity Card number or Passport number (for non-HK Identity Card holder), contact phone number and email address.

For application with information not matching with the records or other issues, staff of the Official Receiver's Office would contact you by phone or email. Once the application is approved, the Official Receiver's Office would issue the “No-objection Letter” to you by email. You should print out and bring the “No-objection Letter” to the High Court Registry to make the application for the Certificate.

Apply for “No-objection Letter”

Application Fee

This online service is free of charge.

Enquiry and Assistance

If you need assistance in using this online service, you can call the Enquiry Hotline at 2867 2448 during office hours from 8:30 a.m. to 5:45 p.m. (Monday – Friday, except public holidays). If you call during non-office hours, you will hear a recorded message asking you to leave a message with your name and telephone number. The office will get back to you as soon as possible.

Enquiries can also be made by fax to 3105 1814 or by email to


Found this page helpful?
Found this page helpful?
Your feedback is highly appreciated. (Optional)
Notice: This form is NOT intended for handling enquiries or complaints. For assistance, please contact the 24-hour Helpdesk at (852) 183 5500 or email to
Thank you. Your input will only be used to improve GovHK.
Last revision date: January 2022