I Want To...
Top Destinations in This Section
- View eTAX Account, Tax Position and Messages
- Open eTAX Account OR Complete eTAX Account Registration Process
- Calculate tax liability under Salaries Tax and Personal Assessmenthttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/taxes/etax/services/tax_computation.htm
- Know more about my Entitlement to Allowancehttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/taxes/salaries/allowances/allowances/allowances.htm
- Pay Tax, Business Registration Fees and Stamp Duty, Purchase Tax Reserve Certificates (TRCs) by Electronic Payment Methodshttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/taxes/taxfiling/payment/telephonepayment.htm
- Non-Government Site
- Online Service
- Downloadable Form
Sub Navigation Menu
- Salaries Tax & Personal Assessmenthttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/taxes/salaries/
- Profits Tax for the Self-Employedhttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/taxes/profits/
- Property Taxhttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/taxes/property/
- Tax Return Filing, Enquiry & Paymenthttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/taxes/taxfiling/
- Stamp Dutyhttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/taxes/stamp/
- Dutiable Commoditieshttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/taxes/commodities/
- Motor Vehicle First Registration Taxhttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/taxes/motortax/
Documents & Persons Liable for Stampinghttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/taxes/stamp/documents_for_stamping.htm
This article will tell you the types of documents and persons liable for stamp duty.
Methods of Stampinghttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/taxes/stamp/methods_of_stamping.htm
To save your time, you can use the e-Stamping Service online to stamp property documents. Alternatively, you can submit an application to the Stamp Office for conventional stamping or for stamping property document by means of a stamp certificate. This article will tell you more on the different methods of stamping.
You can submit a stamping application, make payment online and obtain a stamp certificate instantly. The service applies only to instruments related to property transactions namely, agreement for sale, assignment and tenancy agreement.
It is Online Service
Stamp Duty Rateshttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/taxes/stamp/stamp_duty_rates.htm
Stamp duty on document for the sale, transfer and lease of immovable property and transfer of Hong Kong stock are charged at different rates. Learn more about stamp duty rates here.
Time Limit for Stamping & Unstamped Documenthttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/taxes/stamp/timelimit/
In this section, you can learn more about stamp duty, such as the time limit for stamping, deferring payment of stamp duty, the consequence of late stamping, validity of unstamped documents, and inadequate consideration.
Refund, Adjudication & Appeal against Assessmenthttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/taxes/stamp/refund.htm
You can apply for refund of stamp duty, or appeal against an assessment of the Collector of Stamp Revenue or request adjudication on specific instruments. Here you can obtain the details.
Last review date: January 2014