I Want To...
Top Destinations in This Section
- View eTAX Account, Tax Position and Messages
- Open eTAX Account OR Complete eTAX Account Registration Process
- Calculate tax liability under Salaries Tax and Personal Assessmenthttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/taxes/etax/services/tax_computation.htm
- Know more about my Entitlement to Allowancehttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/taxes/salaries/allowances/allowances/allowances.htm
- Pay Tax, Business Registration Fees and Stamp Duty, Purchase Tax Reserve Certificates (TRCs) by Electronic Payment Methodshttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/taxes/taxfiling/payment/telephonepayment.htm
Sub Navigation Menu
- Salaries Tax & Personal Assessmenthttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/taxes/salaries/
- Profits Tax for the Self-Employedhttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/taxes/profits/
- Property Taxhttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/taxes/property/
- Tax Return Filing, Enquiry & Paymenthttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/taxes/taxfiling/
- Stamp Dutyhttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/taxes/stamp/
- Dutiable Commoditieshttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/taxes/commodities/
- Motor Vehicle First Registration Taxhttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/taxes/motortax/
Property Owner's Tax Obligationshttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/taxes/property/propertyobligations.htm
Learn more about your tax obligations as an owner of a property in Hong Kong.
Reporting Rental Incomehttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/taxes/taxfiling/filing/types/
Here you can learn more about completion and filing of tax returns for solely owned property, property jointly owned or co-owned by individuals, and corporations and bodies of persons.
Income from Property Lettinghttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/taxes/property/propertyincome.htm
Here you can learn more about reporting income from property letting and lump sum premium, including the definition of rental income.
Deductions against Rental Incomehttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/taxes/property/deduction/
Find out deductions you can claim under property tax, including rates paid by owner(s), irrecoverable rent and statutory allowance for repairs and outgoings.
Can You Pay Less Tax by Electing Personal Assessmenthttp://www.ird.gov.hk/eng/tax/ind_per.htm#item06
Learn more about personal assessment and how it may reduce your property tax.
Tax Return Filinghttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/taxes/taxfiling/filing/completion.htm
Everything you need to know to complete and file tax returns for property tax.
Check out the property tax rates applicable to different years of assessment.
How Property Tax is Computedhttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/taxes/property/propertycompute.htm
Learn more about how to compute property tax and provisional property tax here. You can also find examples for calculating property tax and provisional tax, and download a form for holdover of provisional tax.
Tax Payment Methodshttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/taxes/taxfiling/payment/
You can settle your tax via the Internet, by telephone, by bank ATM, by post or in person. Learn more about each method here.
Consequences of Not Paying Tax On Timehttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/taxes/taxfiling/consequences/consequencenotpaytax.htm
Tax shall be paid on or before the due date as stipulated in the notice of assessment. Know more about the consequences of not paying tax on time.
Object against an Assessment & Apply for Holding Over of Provisional Taxhttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/taxes/taxfiling/object/
Find out what you should do if you disagree with an assessment.
Last review date: December 2012