- Addition of an electronic travel document symbol
2. Data page
- Made of polycarbonate
- Holder's personal particulars and photograph are engraved into the data page of the e-Passport by laser engraving technology
Information on the data page of a HKSAR passport
3. Back cover
- Contains a contactless chip that stores the following digital data of the holder
Visible Security Features on e-Passport Data Page
UV Security Features on e-Passport Data Page
- A night scene of Tsing Ma Bridge with fireworks and the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre can be seen under UV light
Special Features of Seasonal Flowers on e-Passport Visa Pages
- Seasonal flower in the middle is printed across the odd no. page and the even no. page.
- When two pages are rolled up to meet each other, the seasonal flower on the right margin of odd no. pages (e.g. P. 11) matches that on the left margin of the even no. page (e.g. P. 14) on the opposite side to make a complete bunch of flowers.
- 32-page e-Passport
- 48-page e-Passport
Last review date: March 2010