Skip to main content   Skip to search box   Skip to user groups
User Groups

Main Content

This page provides information on the termination of sponsorship for employment, training or study (not applicable to foreign domestic helpers and entrants admitted under the Immigration Arrangements for Non-local Graduates).

Employment and Training

If your sponsorship is terminated, you or your company should inform the Extension Section or the Quality Migrants and Mainland Residents Section (applicable to persons admitted under the Admission Scheme for Mainland Talents and Professionals or the Supplementary Labour Scheme, and Mainland residents admitted for training) of the Immigration Department by post or by fax as soon as possible .

Extension Section

5/F, Immigration Tower

7 Gloucester Road

Wan Chai, Hong Kong

Location Map:ID=zjMUphJ5pP   Link to GeoInfo Map:ID=zjMUphJ5pP

Fax: 2586 1431


Quality Migrants and Mainland Residents Section

6/F, Immigration Tower

7 Gloucester Road

Wan Chai, Hong Kong

Location Map:ID=dI0m2VwelK   Link to GeoInfo Map:ID=dI0m2VwelK

Fax: 2824 2067

If you are an imported worker admitted under the Supplementary Labour Scheme, paragraphs 17 to 19 of the Guidebook for Entry for Employment as Imported Workers in Hong Kong provide detailed information on what to do if your sponsorship is terminated. You can access the guidebook through the following link.

Non-local employees/trainees are not allowed to change employment or take up part time jobs without the permission of the Immigration Department. Those who have breached their conditions of stay will be liable to prosecution.


If the educational institutions or non-local students terminate  the studies before the completion of the study course, the educational institution should submit notification of termination to the Immigration Department within seven days from the date of termination.

The completed form should be submitted to the Extension Section or the Quality Migrants and Mainland Residents Section (for Mainland students) by post or fax. The addresses and fax numbers of these two offices are set out above.

Non-local student whose condition of stay contains the wording “or four weeks after termination of studies, whichever is earlier” must leave Hong Kong within four weeks from the date of termination of studies. It is an immigration offence  for breach of condition of stay if you fail to leave Hong Kong within the prescribed time.

Back to top

Last review date: March 2010

  • Level Double-A conformance, W3C WAI Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0
  • Web Accessibility Conformance
  • This website is IPv6 enabled
  • Web Accessibility Recognition Scheme
  • Hong Kong ICT Awards 2009 - Best Public Service Application (Website) Silver Award
  • Web Care Award 2011-13 - Ruby Award
  • Web Marketing Association's WebAward 2012 - Standard of Excellence Award
  • Interactive Media Awards 2011 - Best in Class Award (Government)
  • Interactive Media Awards 2012 - Best in Class Award (Government)
End of Page