Identity Cards and Right of Abode
Your current location in this website
I Want To...
Top Destinations in This Section
- Know Visit Visa / Entry Permit Requirements for the HKSARhttp://www.immd.gov.hk/ehtml/hkvisas_4.htm
- Apply for Hong Kong Identity Cardhttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/immigration/idcard/hkic/geninfor.htm
- Apply for HKSAR Passporthttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/immigration/traveldoc/hksarpassport//
- Report Immigration Offencehttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/immigration/investigation/onlinereportoffence.htm
- Make Application / Appointment Bookinghttp://www.immd.gov.hk/en/e-services/application-reservation.html
- Non-Government Site
- Online Service
- Downloadable Form
Sub Navigation Menu
- Identity Cards and Right of Abodehttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/immigration/idcard/
- Births, Deaths and Marriage Registrationhttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/immigration/bdmreg/
- HKSAR Travel Documentshttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/immigration/traveldoc/
- Chinese Nationalityhttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/immigration/chinese/
- Immigration Controlhttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/immigration/control/
- Online Reporting of Immigration Offenceshttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/immigration/investigation/
- Assistance Outside Hong Konghttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/immigration/outsidehk/
- Services for Non-permanent Residentshttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/immigration/nonpermanent/
- Useful Tipshttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/immigration/tips/
- Access to Information and Recordshttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/immigration/records/
Hong Kong Identity Cards
General Information on Hong Kong Identity Cardshttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/immigration/idcard/hkic/geninfor.htm
Read general information about Hong Kong identity cards, including types, eligibility or exemption for application and the obligations of cardholders.
Registration / Replacement of a Hong Kong Identity Cardhttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/immigration/idcard/hkic/registreplace.htm
Learn how you can apply for or replace a juvenile or adult identity card, or apply to amend the information on your identity card.
Application for Certificate of Registered Particulars / Certificate of Exemptionhttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/immigration/idcard/hkic/appforcert.htm
Learn how to apply for Certificate of Registered Particulars or Certificate of Exemption.
Online Appointment Booking for Hong Kong Smart Identity Cardhttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/immigration/idcard/hkic/bookregidcard.htm
You can make an appointment online for submitting application for registration / replacement of Hong Kong smart identity card at Registration of Persons Offices.
It is Online Service
Frequently Asked Questionshttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/immigration/idcard/hkic/faqs.htm
Read the answers to some frequently asked questions regarding Hong Kong identity cards.
Look for the fees applicable to individual application related to Hong Kong identity cards.
Registration of Persons Officeshttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/immigration/idcard/hkic/whereapply.htm
Find the addresses, working hours and locations of Registration of Persons Offices here.
- General Information on Hong Kong Identity Cardshttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/immigration/idcard/hkic/geninfor.htm
Right of Abode
General Information on the Right of Abode in Hong Konghttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/immigration/idcard/roa/geninfor.htm
Check out this general guide that explains who may enjoy the right of abode in Hong Kong.
Verification of Right of Abode in Hong Konghttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/immigration/idcard/roa/eligible/
Find out how one can apply to verify if he/she enjoys the right of abode in Hong Kong, including what documents one needs to submit.
It is Online Service
Online Services for Verification of Eligibility for Permanent Identity Cardhttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/immigration/idcard/verifypic.htm
You can make online submissions on application for verification of eligibility for permanent identity card, submit supplementary documents for your application, or change/make enquires on a scheduled appointment for document verification. Find out more about the online services here.
It is Online Service
Frequently Asked Questions about Right of Abodehttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/immigration/idcard/roa/faqroa.htm
Find answers to the most frequently asked questions about right of abode in Hong Kong.
Fees for Right of Abode-related Applicationshttp://www.immd.gov.hk/en/services/fee-tables/verification-eligibility-id.html
Application for the verification of eligibility and the first issue of permanent identity card is free. Check out the fee for making an endorsement to a travel document ( applicable for applicants aged under 11 holding valid travel documents only ) here.
Submission of Right of Abode-related Applicationshttp://www.immd.gov.hk/en/services/addresses/headquarter/abode-right.html
Find the office address and working hours of ROA Section of Immigration Department.
- General Information on the Right of Abode in Hong Konghttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/immigration/idcard/roa/geninfor.htm
Application for Certificate of Entitlement
Application for Certificate of Entitlement to the Right of Abode in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Regionhttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/immigration/idcard/coe/appcoetoroa.htm
Person of Chinese nationality who was born outside Hong Kong may apply for a Certificate of Entitlement if his parent, who at the time of his birth, was a Chinese citizen and a permanent resident in Hong Kong. Find out more about the eligibility, application process, relevant information, etc. here.
Applications Made in the Mainlandhttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/immigration/idcard/coe/appinmc.htm
Learn how you can apply for a Certificate of Entitlement from the Mainland, including where to obtain application forms, how the application process works and how your Certificate will be issued.
Applications from Overseas Countries, the Macao Special Administrative Region or Taiwanhttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/immigration/idcard/coe/appfromoc.htm
Learn more about general eligibility criteria for a Certificate of Entitlement from overseas countries, the Macao Special Administrative Region or Taiwan, the application form you should use, the supporting documents needed, how to submit your application and where to find further information.
- Application for Certificate of Entitlement to the Right of Abode in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Regionhttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/immigration/idcard/coe/appcoetoroa.htm
Last review date: February 2014