Social Security & Assistance
Your current location in this website
I Want To...
Top Destinations in This Section
- Access Housing Authority e-Services for Public Rental Housing Applicantshttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/housing/publichousing/eservicesforapplicants.htm
- Access Housing Authority e-Services for Public Rental Housing Tenantshttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/housing/publichousing/eservicesfortenants.htm
- Check Postage Ratehttp://www.hongkongpost.hk/eng/postage/index.htm
- Learn more about Social Services and Benefit for elderlyhttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/housing/socialservices/elderly/elderlyservices.htm
- Access Change of Address Servicehttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/housing/moving/coa.htm
Sub Navigation Menu
- Public Housing and Home Ownership Schemehttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/housing/publichousing/
- Private Property & Building Managementhttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/housing/private/
- Water & Sewagehttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/housing/water/
- Home Maintenance, Hygiene & Safetyhttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/housing/maintenance/
- Postal Serviceshttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/housing/postal/
- Moving Homehttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/housing/moving/
- Social Security & Assistancehttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/housing/securityassistance/
- Volunteering & Charitable Activitieshttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/housing/volunteering/
How Social Security Benefits the Publichttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/housing/securityassistance/socialsecurity/socialsecurity.htm
Here you can learn more about the assistance programmes available for needy citizens by the Government, such as the Comprehensive Social Security Assistance Scheme, medical assistance and housing support.
Comprehensive Social Security Assistance (CSSA) Schemehttp://www.swd.gov.hk/en/index/site_pubsvc/page_socsecu/sub_comprehens/
The CSSA Scheme provides a safety net for those who cannot support themselves financially. Check out the eligibility, types of financial assistance and how to apply for the CSSA here.
Reporting Suspected Fraud and Abuse of Social Security Benefitshttp://www.swd.gov.hk/en/index/site_pubsvc/page_socsecu/sub_reportings/
Find out how to report to the Social Welfare Department when you have any information on any person suspected to have obtained welfare payment by deception.
Social Security Appeal Procedureshttp://www.swd.gov.hk/en/index/site_pubsvc/page_socsecu/sub_ssappeal/
Find out how to lodge an appeal if you are not satisfied with the decision of the Social Welfare Department in respect of eligibility and payment of social security.
Social Welfare Department District Officeshttp://www.swd.gov.hk/en/index/site_aboutus/page_districtof/
Check out the addresses and contact details of all District Offices of Social Welfare Department here.
Social Security Allowance (SSA) Schemehttp://www.swd.gov.hk/en/index/site_pubsvc/page_socsecu/sub_ssallowance/
The SSA Scheme aims to provide a monthly allowance to Hong Kong residents who are severely disabled or aged 65 or above. Find out the eligibility, types of allowance and how to apply here.
Criminal and Law Enforcement Injuries Compensation (CLEIC) Schemehttp://www.swd.gov.hk/en/index/site_pubsvc/page_socsecu/sub_criminalan/
The CLEIC Scheme aims to provide financial assistance to persons (or their dependents in cases of death) who are injured as a result of a crime of violence or by a law enforcement officer using weapon in the execution of his duty. Check out more information here.
Traffic Accident Victims Assistance (TAVA) Schemehttp://www.swd.gov.hk/en/index/site_pubsvc/page_socsecu/sub_trafficacc/
The TAVA Scheme provides speedy financial assistance to road traffic accident victims (or their dependents in cases of death). Check out more information here.
Medical Fee Waiving Mechanism of Public Hospitalshttp://www.ha.org.hk/visitor/ha_visitor_index.asp?Parent_ID=10044&Content_ID=10047&Ver=HTML
Patients who could not afford medical fees can apply for a fee waiver. Applications would be assessed with consideration given to their financial, social and medical conditions on a household basis. This webpage has the details.
Embracing Social Inclusionhttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/housing/securityassistance/socialsecurity/SocialInclusion.htm
Here you can learn about the services the Government offers to help people with disabilities, ethnic minorities, new arrivals and the underprivileged to integrate into the community.
- How Social Security Benefits the Publichttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/housing/securityassistance/socialsecurity/socialsecurity.htm
Emergency Relief Serviceshttp://www.swd.gov.hk/en/index/site_pubsvc/page_socsecu/sub_emergencyr/index.html
ER Services help victims of natural or other disasters and also for evacuees of buildings and premises considered to be dangerous under Closure Orders by means of providing cooked meals (or cash-in-lieu of meals) and relief articles. Find out more details here.
Charitable / Trust Fundshttp://www.swd.gov.hk/en/index/site_pubsvc/page_family/sub_listofserv/id_charitable/index.html
Check out the major charitable / trust funds administered by the Social Welfare Department for people to tide over financial hardship under special and emergency situations.
- Emergency Relief Serviceshttp://www.swd.gov.hk/en/index/site_pubsvc/page_socsecu/sub_emergencyr/index.html
Last review date: February 2015