Labour Legislation & Guidelines
Your current location in this website
I Want To...
Top Destinations in This Section
- Know more about the Working Hours Policy Directions under Consultationhttp://www.swhc.org.hk/en/consultation
- Know more about the Statutory Minimum Wagehttp://www.labour.gov.hk/eng/news/mwo.htm
- Receive Notifications for Large-scale Job Fairshttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/employment/jobsearch/jobfairinfo.htm
- Know How to Manage MPF Benefits When Changing Jobshttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/employment/jobsearch/changingjobs.htm
- Check out Training Courses of the ERBhttp://www.erb.org/training_courses/erb_courses/manpower_development_scheme/en/
Sub Navigation Menu
- Looking for a Jobhttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/employment/jobsearch/
- Mandatory Provident Fund (MPF) Systemhttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/employment/mpf/
- Labour Legislation & Guidelineshttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/employment/labour/
- Employees' Protection & Compensationhttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/employment/employee/
- Occupational Safety & Healthhttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/employment/safety/
- Government Incentives & Retraininghttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/employment/retraining/
- Working Outside HKhttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/employment/workingoutsidehk/
- Registration & Licensinghttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/employment/registration/
Overview of Major Labour Legislationhttp://www.labour.gov.hk/eng/legislat/contentA.htm
Find an overview of major labour legislation currently in force in Hong Kong.
FAQs about Labour Legislationhttp://www.labour.gov.hk/eng/faq/content.htm
Find answers to frequently asked questions about legislation on employment, employees' compensation and occupational safety and health.
Statutory Minimum Wagehttp://www.labour.gov.hk/eng/news/mwo.htm
Here you can find out more information on the Statutory Minimum Wage.
Legislation Related to Employees' Rights & Benefitshttp://www.labour.gov.hk/eng/legislat/contentB1.htm
Look up the full text of legislation related to employees' rights and benefits in Hong Kong, including the Employees' Compensation Ordinance, the Pneumoconiosis and Mesothelioma (Compensation) Ordinance and the Protection of Wages on Insolvency Ordinance.
Statutory Holidays for 2016http://www.labour.gov.hk/eng/news/latest_holidays2016.htm
Check out the statutory holidays for 2016.
Statutory Holidays for 2015http://www.labour.gov.hk/eng/news/latest_holidays2015.htm
Check out the statutory holidays for 2015.
Guidelines on Eliminating Age Discrimination in Employmenthttp://www.labour.gov.hk/eng/plan/eade.htm
Here you can find out the information on eliminating age discrimination in employment.
Code of Practice against Discrimination in Employment on the Ground of Sexual Orientationhttp://www.cmab.gov.hk/en/issues/sexual.htm
Find the full text of the Code that aims to facilitate self-regulation on the part of employers and employees in eliminating discriminatory practices in employment on the ground of sexual orientation.
Codes of Practice on Employment under the 4 Anti-discrimination Ordinanceshttp://www.eoc.org.hk/eoc/graphicsfolder/showcontent.aspx?content=cops
Find the full text of the Codes that give employers and employees practical guidelines on how to prevent discrimination on the grounds of sex, disability, family status and race in the workplace.
Discrimination in the Workplacehttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/employment/labour/discrimination.htm
Find the guidelines on how to prevent and deal with discrimination in the workplace and learn about what to do if you are discriminated against.
Code of Practice on Human Resource Management Relating to Personal Data (PDF File)http://www.pcpd.org.hk/english/data_privacy_law/code_of_practices/files/hrdesp_e.pdf
This Code provides practical guidance to employers and their staff on how to properly handle personal data related to each phase of the employment process.
Legislation Governing the Employment of Young Persons and Childrenhttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/employment/jobsearch/employyoung.htm
Learn about the employment rights of young persons and children under the law and their employers' obligations.
Code of Practice in times of Typhoons and Rainstorms (PDF File)http://www.labour.gov.hk/eng/public/wcp/Rainstorm.pdf
The booklet provides advice and practical guidelines to employers and employees on work arrangements in times of typhoons and rainstorms.
The Identity and Rights of Employees and Contractors/Self-employed Persons (PDF File)http://www.labour.gov.hk/eng/public/wcp/SelfEmployedPerson.pdf
You can learn more about the differences in the rights and benefits enjoyed by an employee and a contractor/self-employed person.
Sample Employment Contracthttp://www.labour.gov.hk/eng/public/wcp/ECsample.doc
A sample contract of employment is provided here for reference.
Last revision date: May 2015