I Want To...
Top Destinations in This Section
- Know How to Choose a Secondary Schoolhttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/education/secondary/schools/choosingaschool.htm
- Know How to Choose a Quality Kindergartenhttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/education/preprimary/schools/choosingakindergarten//
- Know the Points to Note for Further Studieshttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/education/continuinged/training/options/
- Access SFO E-link - My Bills to View Student Loan Account & Make Paymenthttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/education/financialassistance/sfoelink/features.htm
- Know about the Internet Learning Support Programme - "i Learn at Home"http://www.gov.hk/en/theme/ilearnathome/news/
Sub Navigation Menu
- Pre-Primary Educationhttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/education/preprimary/
- Primary Educationhttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/education/primary/
- Secondary Educationhttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/education/secondary/
- Post-Secondary Educationhttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/education/postsecondary/
- Continuing Education, Vocational Training & Elderly Learninghttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/education/continuinged/
- Qualifications Frameworkhttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/education/qf/
- Special & Other Education Serviceshttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/education/specialservice/
- Examinations & Assessmentshttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/education/examination/
- Financial Assistance & Scholarshipshttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/education/financialassistance/
- Highlights, Public Participation & Contactshttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/education/highlights/
Education System & Curriculum
Overview of Primary School Educationhttp://www.edb.gov.hk/en/edu-system/primary-secondary/primary/index.html
Learn more about the Government's policy and programmes for raising the quality of primary school education in Hong Kong.
Primary Education Curriculumhttp://www.edb.gov.hk/en/curriculum-development/major-level-of-edu/primary/index.html
Access the curriculum guides for primary school education and reference materials for teachers and parents here.
The “through-train” mode allows secondary schools to admit all P6 students of their linked primary schools in order to enhance continuity in primary and secondary education. Check out more information here.
Whole-day Primary Schoolinghttp://www.edb.gov.hk/en/edu-system/primary-secondary/applicable-to-primary/whole-day-schooling/background/index.html
Read about the benefits and general practice of whole-day schooling in primary schools.
Small Class Traininghttp://www.edb.gov.hk/en/edu-system/primary-secondary/applicable-to-primary/small-class-teaching/index.html
Check out the guidelines and reference materials on small class teaching.
Recommended Textbook Listhttp://www.edb.gov.hk/en/curriculum-development/resource-support/textbook-info/index.html
This webpage contains lists of textbooks and learning materials recommended for use in schools. The lists are updated regularly.
IT in Educationhttp://www.edb.gov.hk/en/edu-system/primary-secondary/applicable-to-primary-secondary/it-in-edu/resources.html
Access the Online Depository of Curriculum-based Learning and Teaching Resources and other information on IT in Education.
- Overview of Primary School Educationhttp://www.edb.gov.hk/en/edu-system/primary-secondary/primary/index.html
Schools & Admission Information
Primary School Profileshttp://www.chsc.hk/primary/en
This website allows you to search for primary schools by district and provides comprehensive information about the schools.
Direct Subsidy Scheme Schoolshttp://www.edb.gov.hk/en/edu-system/primary-secondary/applicable-to-primary-secondary/direct-subsidy-scheme/index.html
Check out the list of Direct Subsidy Scheme schools and reference for parents here.
International Schools and schools under English Schools Foundation in Hong Kong (PDF File)http://www.edb.gov.hk/attachment/en/student-parents/ncs-students/overview/Hyperlinks%20to%20International%20Schools%20and%20ESF%20Schools%20in%20Hong%20Kong%20(Sept%202012).pdf
Check out the list of official websites of international schools and schools under English Schools Foundation in Hong Kong here.
Primary One Admissionhttp://www.edb.gov.hk/en/edu-system/primary-secondary/spa-systems/primary-1-admission/index.html
Learn about the Primary One Admission System for government and aided primary schools.
Choosing a Primary Schoolhttp://www.chsc.hk/primary/en
Find out useful information and tips for choosing the right primary school for your children.
Preparing for the First Day at Primary Schoolhttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/education/primary/schools/firstday.htm
Find out tips on preparing your children for the first day at primary school.
Check out the frequently asked questions about school placement.
Vacancy Situation of Public Sector Primary Schoolshttp://www.edb.gov.hk/en/student-parents/sch-info/sch-vacancy-situation/primary-sch/index.html
Check out the vacancies available in public sector primary schools in different districts.
Quality Assurance for Schoolshttp://www.edb.gov.hk/en/sch-admin/sch-quality-assurance/about-sch-quality-assurance/index.html
Learn about the framework of School Development and Accountability adopted by the Government in assuring the quality of education in local kindergartens, primary and secondary schools.
Committee on Home-School Co-operationhttp://chsc.edb.hkedcity.net/en/index.php
The Committee aims to promote home-school cooperation for the nurturing of the younger generations and educational development of the community. Find out more information here.
- Primary School Profileshttp://www.chsc.hk/primary/en
Out of School Learning
Educational Resources for Primary Studentshttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/education/primary/outofschoollearning/resources.htm
Check out educational resources for primary school students on various topics such as health, culture, environment and IT security.
Notes on Choosing Private Schools Offering Non-formal Curriculum (PSNFCs) (PDF File)http://www.edb.gov.hk/attachment/en/edu-system/other-edu-training/non-formal-curriculum/pamphlet.pdf
Find the points to note when choosing a PSNFC (including tutorial schools) here.
Search for Private Schools Offering Non-formal Curriculum (PSNFCs)http://applications.edb.gov.hk/schoolsearch/schoolsearch.aspx?type=nonformal&langno=1
This webpage allows you to search for PSNFCs (including tutorial schools) and their relevant information.
Records of Contraventions of the Education Ordinance and Convictions in respect of Schoolshttp://www.edb.gov.hk/en/edu-system/other-edu-training/non-formal-curriculum/records.html
Check out the records of contraventions of the Education Ordinance and convictions in respect of schools here.
- Educational Resources for Primary Studentshttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/education/primary/outofschoollearning/resources.htm
Examinations & Assessments
Examinations & Assessmentshttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/education/examination/#/en/residents/education/examination/
Find out the fundamentals of the concept of Assessment for Learning, as well as the various levels of examinations, from Basic Competency Assessments, the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education Examination to past public examinations here. You can also learn about other local and international examinations on this website.
- Examinations & Assessmentshttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/education/examination/#/en/residents/education/examination/
Financial Assistance for Primary Education
Textbook, Travel and Internet Access Subsidies for Primary Studentshttp://www.wfsfaa.gov.hk/sfo/eng/schemes/fts.htm
Check out the details and eligibility criteria for the textbook assistance, travel subsidy and subsidy for Internet access charges schemes for needy primary students.
- Textbook, Travel and Internet Access Subsidies for Primary Studentshttp://www.wfsfaa.gov.hk/sfo/eng/schemes/fts.htm
Internet Learning Support Programme - "i Learn at Home"
Internet Learning Support Programme - "i Learn at Home"http://www.gov.hk/en/theme/ilearnathome
Learn about the programme which aims to help eligible students and their parents to acquire affordable computer equipment and Internet access services, and to provide them with user and social support.
- Internet Learning Support Programme - "i Learn at Home"http://www.gov.hk/en/theme/ilearnathome
Last review date: June 2014