Heritage & Museums
Your current location in this website
I Want To...
Top Destinations in This Section
- Book a Leisure Facilityhttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/culture/recreation/leisurelink/leisurelink.htm
- Access Online Library Serviceshttp://www.hkpl.gov.hk/en/index.html
- Buy Tickets from URBTIXhttp://www.lcsd.gov.hk/CE/Entertainment/Ticket/en/ticket.php
- Look for Museum Programmeshttp://www.museums.gov.hk/en_US/home
- Access e-APS - LCSD Performance Venues Online Application and Payment Serviceshttps://eaps.lcsd.gov.hk/ccms_eaps/LCSD/main.zul?lang=EN
- Non-Government Site
- Online Service
- Downloadable Form
Sub Navigation Menu
- Recreation & Sportshttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/culture/recreation/
- Library Services & Readinghttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/culture/reading/
- Culture & Artshttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/culture/performart/
- Major Events & Activitieshttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/culture/events/
- Heritage & Museumshttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/culture/museum/
- Country Parks, Trails & Campgroundshttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/culture/trail/
- Fun in Hong Konghttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/culture/fun/
- Travelling outside Hong Konghttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/culture/travel/
Check out what exhibitions are being held at different museums throughout Hong Kong.
Check out recommended routings covering museums and other attractions in their vicinity.
Museums Managed by Leisure and Cultural Services Department (LCSD)http://www.museums.gov.hk/en_US/plan-your-visit
Check out the full list of museums managed by LCSD as well as related contacts, location and opening hours.
Other Museums in Hong Konghttp://www.lcsd.gov.hk/en/cs_mus_other.php
Find out about other museums dedicated to special interest areas in Hong Kong, such as the Police Museum, Hong Kong Maritime Museum and Racing Museum.
Heritage and Museumshttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/culture/museum/museums/heritagemuseum.htm
Learn about the Government’s efforts in heritage conservation, details of heritage activities, related online resources and the museums managed by the Leisure and Cultural Services Department.
Science and Astronomy Activitieshttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/culture/museum/museums/astro.htm
Learn about the science and astronomy facilities activities provided by the Government at the Hong Kong Space Museum, the Hong Kong Science Museum and the Astropark at High Island Reservoir, including permanent and special exhibitions, participatory displays, star gazing opportunities and much more.
Heritage & Monuments
Conserve and Revitalise Hong Kong Heritagehttp://www.heritage.gov.hk/en/index.htm
This website provides you with online information about our heritage conservation work. It also serves as a platform and digital store for all heritage-related information.
Virtual Heritage Explorerhttp://www.lcsd.gov.hk/en/vhe.php
The "Virtual Heritage Explorer" project provides 360-degree cubical panorama for about 60 historic buildings and sites.
It is Online Service
Hong Kong Archaeological Archive Systemhttp://hkaas.lcsd.gov.hk/hkaas/main.jsp?lang=1
A database featuring various archaeological findings in Hong Kong. Photos, artefacts information and interactive 360-degree viewing of selected collection items are now made accessible online.
The Antiquities and Monuments Officehttp://www.amo.gov.hk/en/main.php
The Antiquities and Monuments Office of the Leisure and Cultural Services Department protects and preserves Hong Kong's best monuments, including historical buildings and archaeological relics, etc. Learn more about its mission and activities here. You can also find information about the Heritage Trails in Hong Kong.
It is Downloadable Form
Hong Kong Heritage Discovery Centrehttp://www.amo.gov.hk/en/hdc.php
The Hong Kong Heritage Discovery Centre is set up to present and explain the conservation work of Hong Kong's archaeological and built heritage to enhance the public's understanding and enjoyment of the valued heritage.
Ping Shan Tang Clan Gallery cum Heritage Trail Visitors Centrehttp://www.amo.gov.hk/en/pingshan.php
Converted from the Old Ping Shan Police Station built in 1899, the Ping Shan Tang Clan Gallery cum Heritage Trail Visitors Centre introduces local folk culture and heritage along the Trail. Find out more information here.
The Antiquities and Monuments Office set up several Heritage Trails in Hong Kong. The Trails link up historic buildings and sites, enabling travellers to have a better understanding of the history and development of different districts over the past centuries.
- Conserve and Revitalise Hong Kong Heritagehttp://www.heritage.gov.hk/en/index.htm
Last review date: March 2014