Technology for Persons with Special Needs
Your current location in this website
I Want To...
Top Destinations in This Section
- Lodge Complaints against Telecommunications Operatorshttp://www.coms-auth.hk/en/complaints/procedures/telecomm/index.html
- Know more about Mobile Government Serviceshttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/communication/government/mobileaccess.htm
- Search for Free Government Wi-Fi Premiseshttp://www.gov.hk/en/theme/wifi/location/
- Apply for the Internet Learning Support Programmehttp://www.gov.hk/en/theme/ilearnathome/news//
- Get Anti-spam Infohttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/communication/infosec/antispam.htm
Sub Navigation Menu
- Mobile Communications Serviceshttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/communication/mobilecomm/
- TV & Radio Broadcastinghttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/communication/tv/
- Internet Related Serviceshttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/communication/internet/
- Fixed Line Serviceshttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/communication/fixedline/
- Information Security & Anti-Spamhttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/communication/infosec/
- Public IT Facilities & Resourceshttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/communication/publicit/
- Government Policy & Initiativeshttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/communication/government/
- Technology for Persons with Special Needshttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/communication/visuallyimp/
Development of Assistive Technologies for Persons with Disabilitieshttp://www.ogcio.gov.hk/en/community/disabilities/
Know more about the government-funded ICT-based assistive tools and applications developed for persons with disabilities.
Technology for the Visually Impaired to Enter the Digital Worldhttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/communication/visuallyimp/tech.htm
Find out the user-friendly technology for the blind and those with low vision to access the information on the Internet, in computers, audio books, printed materials, etc.
Public Computer Facilities & Resources for the Visually Impairedhttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/communication/visuallyimp/facilities.htm
Check out the computer facilities and resources for the visually impaired available at public libraries and non-governmental organisations.
The Jockey Club IT Scheme for People with Visual Impairmenthttp://www.swd.gov.hk/en/index/site_pubsvc/page_rehab/sub_listofserv/id_jcitspvi/
This Scheme is to support the acquisition of high-performance Chinese screen readers and Braille displays to be installed at the communal access points of people with visual impairment (PVI) and to subsidise individual PVI who require information technology for the purpose of studies or employment but have genuine financial difficulty in the purchase of such equipment.
Learn about the efforts the Government has made to promote web accessibility to make sure that the website content is available for all, including persons with disabilities and special needs.
Digital Inclusion Mobile Applicationshttp://www.ogcio.gov.hk/en/community/develop_mobile_apps/
Know more about the government-funded mobile applications developed for underprivileged groups, including persons with disabilities.
Organisations & Websites for Persons with Disabilitieshttp://www.gov.hk/en/residents/communication/visuallyimp/disabilities.htm
Here you will learn about some government and non-governmental organisations and websites which offer a wide range of services to persons with disabilities.
Last revision date: May 2015