Taxation in Hong Kong
Your current location in this website
I Want To...
Top Destinations in This Section
- Learn about Salaries Tax and Profits Tax for the Self-employed in HKhttp://www.gov.hk/en/nonresidents/workinghk/taxinhk/taxationinhk.htm
- Settle Tax Liabilities before Departing HKhttp://www.gov.hk/en/nonresidents/workinghk/taxinhk/taxobligations.htm
- Learn about the Policy for Entry for Employmenthttp://www.immd.gov.hk/eng/services/visas/immigration-entry-guideline.html
- Learn about the Quality Migrant Admission Schemehttp://www.immd.gov.hk/eng/useful_information/admission-schemes-talents-professionals-entrepreneurs.html
- Search for Jobshttp://www.jobs.gov.hk/1/0/redirect3.aspx?link=/1/0/webform&lang=en
Sub Navigation Menu
Employees, Office Holders & Self-Employedhttp://www.gov.hk/en/nonresidents/workinghk/taxinhk/taxationinhk.htm
Learn more about Hong Kong salaries tax and tax obligations for the self-employed.
Tax Obligations for Non-Residents Working in Hong Konghttp://www.gov.hk/en/nonresidents/workinghk/taxinhk/taxobligations.htm
This article will give you details on chargeable and non-chargeable income, and tax clearance when leaving Hong Kong.
Double Taxation Reliefhttp://www.ird.gov.hk/eng/tax/dta1.htm
Learn more about double taxation relief in Hong Kong.
Average Exchange Rates of Major Foreign Currencies for Salaries Tax Purposeshttp://www.ird.gov.hk/eng/tax/ind_stp.htm
Salaries tax is calculated in Hong Kong dollars. If a taxpayer receives chargeable income or incurs deductible expense in foreign currency, he / she has to report in equivalent amount of the income or expense in Hong Kong dollars in his / her tax return. Here you can find the average exchange rates of major foreign currencies.
Last review date: June 2014