General Visa Requirements
Your current location in this website
I Want To...
Top Destinations in This Section
- Know How to Apply for a Travel Passhttp://www.immd.gov.hk/eng/services/visas/hksar_travel_pass.html
- Check out the Individual Visit Scheme for Mainland Residentshttp://www.tourism.gov.hk/english/visitors/visitors_ind.html
- Apply for Pre-arrival Registration for Taiwan Residentshttp://www.immd.gov.hk/eng/services/visas/pre-arrival_registration_for_taiwan_residents.html
- Learn about Visa Applications for Entry for Employment as Professionalshttp://www.immd.gov.hk/eng/useful_information/admission-schemes-talents-professionals-entrepreneurs.html
- Know about Automated Immigration Clearance (e-Channel) service for Holders of Federal Republic of Germany Passporthttp://www.immd.gov.hk/eng/services/echannel_visitors.html#germany
Sub Navigation Menu
- General Visa Requirementshttp://www.gov.hk/en/nonresidents/visarequire/general/
- Working, Study and other Visa Requirementshttp://www.gov.hk/en/nonresidents/visarequire/other/
- Automated Immigration Clearance (e‑Channel) Service for Visitorshttp://www.gov.hk/en/nonresidents/visarequire/echannel/
Immigration Guidelines for Entry to Hong Konghttp://www.immd.gov.hk/eng/services/visas/immigration-entry-guideline.html
Check out the entry visa/permit requirements for persons who wish to enter Hong Kong for leisure / social / business visits, employment, investment, training, study and residence.
Visit Visa/Entry Permit Requirements and Applicationshttp://www.immd.gov.hk/eng/services/visas/visit-transit/visit-visa-entry-permit.html
Nationals of about 170 countries and territories may visit Hong Kong visa-free for a period ranging from 7 days to 180 days. Check this webpage to learn whether you need a visa or entry permit to enter Hong Kong for a visit or transit.
HKSAR Travel Passhttp://www.immd.gov.hk/eng/services/visas/hksar_travel_pass.html
Frequent visitors who hold valid passports and are eligible to enter Hong Kong without a visa or entry permit may apply for a HKSAR Travel Pass. Find out who is eligible and how to make an application.
The Individual Visit Scheme for Mainland Residentshttp://www.tourism.gov.hk/english/visitors/visitors_ind.html
Under the Individual Visit Scheme, residents of selected Mainland cities may visit Hong Kong in their individual capacities. Find a full list of the Mainland cities covered by the Scheme and links to the website of various provincial and city public security authorities on applications for exit endorsement.
Entry Arrangement for Mainland Residentshttp://www.immd.gov.hk/eng/services/visas/overseas-chinese-entry-arrangement.html
Find out the arrangement for Mainland residents to enter Hong Kong for settlement, official visits, private visits, transit, employment, training and study. Learn more about the application process, including supporting documents required, fees payable and processing time.
Residence as Dependantshttp://www.immd.gov.hk/eng/services/visas/residence_as_dependant.html
Here you can find the entry arrangement for persons who wish to enter Hong Kong for residence as dependants and FAQs on Hong Kong Visa.
Entry Arrangement for Macao Residentshttp://www.immd.gov.hk/eng/services/visas/overseas-chinese-entry-arrangement.html#b
Macao residents holding different types of travel documents may enter Hong Kong for visit or transit for varying periods of time. Learn more about the arrangement here.
Pre-arrival Registration for Taiwan Residentshttp://www.immd.gov.hk/eng/services/visas/pre-arrival_registration_for_taiwan_residents.html
This service aims to further streamline the immigration arrangements for Taiwan residents. Eligible Taiwan residents may apply for pre-arrival registration on their own to visit Hong Kong through this online service free of charge. Learn more about the details here.
Entry Arrangement for Overseas Chinese and Chinese Residents of Taiwanhttp://www.immd.gov.hk/eng/services/visas/overseas-chinese-entry-arrangement.html#c
Holders of the People's Republic of China passports living overseas or Chinese residents of Taiwan need an appropriate entry permit to enter Hong Kong for visit, employment, training, study and residence. Find out how to apply for one here.
FAQs on Hong Kong Visas/Entry Permitshttp://www.immd.gov.hk/eng/faq/hk-visas.html
Find answers to frequently asked questions about Hong Kong visas or entry permits.
Fee for Visa Applicationshttp://www.immd.gov.hk/eng/services/fee-tables/index.html
Check out the fees payable for different types of visas and applications for extension of stay.
Performance Pledge for Issue of Visas and Permitshttp://www.immd.gov.hk/eng/about-us/pledge2.html#d
Check out the standard processing time for different types of visas and permits.
Last review date: March 2015