This online service provides you with a speedy and convenient way to search for bankruptcy and compulsory winding-up records. This article will tell you more about this service.
Bankruptcy and Compulsory Winding-up Search
The online search service on bankruptcy and compulsory winding-up records enables users to find out quickly whether -
- A person is bankrupt or is facing a bankruptcy petition.
- A company is wound-up or is facing a compulsory winding-up petition.
- The Official Receiver's Office does not keep records of companies being wound-up voluntarily.
- The computer system does not keep records of compulsory winding-up cases closed before 1984.
This service is for the use of the general public subject to fee payment. You can use the service at home, in the office, or any time, anywhere with a computer connected to the Internet. You can save valuable resources in conducting the searches and obtaining the search reports quickly via the Internet.
- Bankruptcy and Compulsory Winding-up Records - Individual Search
- Compulsory Winding-up Records - Batch Search
How to Use the Service?
You can input your bankruptcy/compulsory winding-up search requests online one by one into the input fields. The search reports will be displayed instantly online upon fee payment. A maximum of 5 searches can be made in each submission (except for Batch Compulsory Winding-up Search).
You can also use your reference number to retrieve the search report(s) within 7 days from the transaction date by using the Re-print Search Report function.
Points to Note for Inputting the Search Criteria
Please note the following criteria when you are inputting the search request:
- The words 'Company Limited' must be input in full. The abbreviation 'Co. Ltd.' is not allowed.
- Also, if there is a Christian name, please input the Christian name after the other name, e.g. Chi Keung Peter. Do not type comma between them.
- For Chinese input, only Traditional Chinese characters will be accepted.
The fee payable is HK$80 for one bankruptcy/ compulsory winding-up search request. You can use PPS, VISA or MasterCard to settle your payment.
Before you Pay
Please note that the contents of the search reports are based on the Official Receiver's Office's database records around the time of search or an earlier time as otherwise advised online. The database records are updated only to the extent of information and documents that are made available to the Official Receiver's Office.
Search by Post or in Person
Apart from the online search service, you can also make the search in person or by post.
In person: Please visit 10/F, Queensway Government Offices, 66 Queensway, Hong Kong for search. You should either fill in an application form provided at the counter or use the computer terminals installed at the counter area to perform the search.
By mail: Please mail a completed search application form, together with a cheque on the fee required, to 10/F, Queensway Government Offices, 66 Queensway, Hong Kong.
- Download search application form (pdf file)http://www.oro.gov.hk/eng/pforms/pdf/e73.pdf
Assistance and Further Information
If you need assistance in using this online service, you can call the Enquiry Hotline at (852) 2867 2448 during office hours from 8:30 a.m. to 5:45 p.m. (Monday – Friday). If you call after office hours, you will hear a recorded message asking you to leave a message with your name and telephone number. The office will contact you as soon as possible.
Enquiries can also be made by fax to 3105 1814 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org:email@example.com.
Last review date: October 2013