Terms and Conditions for the Use of GovHK Gadget
- I acknowledge that the GovHK Gadget is a computer program provided on the webpage http://www.gov.hk/en/about/helpdesk/gadget/index.htm for displaying information provided by the Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (“the Government”).
- The Government shall grant me a non-exclusive licence to install and execute the GovHK Gadget on my computers free of charge.
- I understand and agree that the Government will not be liable for any risk of using the GovHK Gadget, and will not have or accept any liability, obligation or responsibility whatsoever for any loss, destruction or damage (including without limitation consequential loss, destruction or damage) however arising from or in respect of any material and/or data downloaded or otherwise obtained in relation to the GovHK Gadget. Any material and/or data downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of the GovHK Gadget is done at my own discretion and risk and that I shall be solely responsible for any losses and damages (including but not limited to any damage to my computer system or loss of data) that results from or is related to the download of any such material and/or data or the process of downloading any such material and/or data.
- The Government hereby disclaims all warranties, conditions and other terms of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to any implied warranties and conditions or merchantability, satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, and warranties and conditions as to the provision of the GovHK Gadget to a standard of reasonable care and skill or as to non-infringement of the Intellectual Property Rights of any person.
- The GovHK Gadget and any material and/or data downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of the GovHK Gadget are provided on an “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” basis. The Government will not have any responsibility for the timeliness, deletion or failure to provide the GovHK Gadget and any material and/or data to be downloaded or otherwise to be obtained through the use of the GovHK Gadget. The Government will not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages of any kind resulting from the use of or the inability to use the GovHK Gadget and any material and/or data downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of the GovHK Gadget even if the Government has been advised of the possibility of such damages. The Government makes no warranty or representation that (i) the GovHK Gadget will meet my requirements, (ii) the GovHK Gadget and any material and/or data downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of the GovHK Gadget will be timely, uninterrupted, secure, or error-free, (iii) the results that may be obtained from the use of the GovHK Gadget and any material and/or data downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of the GovHK Gadget will be accurate and reliable, (iv) the quality of any products, services, information, or other material and/or data downloaded or otherwise obtained through the GovHK Gadget will meet my expectations, and (v) any errors in the GovHK Gadget and any material and/or data downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of the GovHK Gadget will be corrected.
- In the event that any of these terms, conditions or provisions shall be determined by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, unlawful or unenforceable to any extent, such term, condition or provision shall to that extent be severed from the remaining terms, conditions and provisions which shall continue to be valid and in full force and effect to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Last review date: March 2015